Our Chapter interaction with Our Campus Community
The AURAK SPWLA chapter met weekly throughout the fall-2017 semester to organize and plan upcoming chapter events. The executive officer of the chapter has been very active in organizing Petro-physics session to demonstrations for the campus at large. These demos, which are executed by AURAK SPLWA members, have included:
- Presentations to Allow students to promote their interest in petro-physics in an informal environment.
- Introduce students to the possibility of future study or employment in petro-physics.
Strategy for Promoting SPWLA Membership
With the help of the chapter Officers, we are working hard at re-establishing a strong local chapter after several years of stagnation. After a very successful quarter of the chapter activity, anticipate continued growth of club membership throughout the next semester. We will continue to advertise club meetings via flyers and email and continue to be a highly visible campus chapter.
- AURAK SPWLA chapter president Asmaa Maher and Fatima Alali chapter treasure officer presented an introduction about the Society of Petro-physicists And Well Log Analysts (SPWLA) around the world and addressing the chapter annual goals on the 9th of October 2017.
- SPLWA member and AURAK student Chapter vice president Melissa Ramirez presented her senior research entitled “Improved Oil Recovery (IOR) Design for an Oil Reservoir using Numerical Simulation” at the 2016-17 Student Showcase at the American University of Ras Al Khaimah.
- Founder and President of Dubai Chapter of SPWLA NELSON SUAREZ ARCANO presented a training session under the title “REAL TIME GEOLOGY AND PETROPHYSICS” at our university campus on 23rd October 2017. Followed by SPWLA Dubai Chapter member REINHARD BRAGANZA and Lead Operations Geologist in Dubai Petroleum.
The workshop provided some very concrete and easy-to-follow tools for evaluating well logs with overview on the most important roles of well logging analysis in the Oil & Gas industry. Also, the quality of the content was excellent. Nice balance of theory and practice.