Office of Academic Support Services
The mission of the Office of Academic Support Services (OASS) at the American University of Ras Al Khaimah (AURAK) is straightforward: we endeavor to prepare, assist and empower all AURAK students and faculty to achieve lasting success in their fields of study. Established in 2016, the OASS serves to coordinate, develop and promote the activities of four well-established academic support units:
- Saqr Library;
- The Centre for Teaching and Learning and Instructional Technology;
- AURAK’s Counseling, Testing and Disability Services;
- The Department of International Programs and Partnerships.
By providing comprehensive library resources, a wide range of initiatives designed both to support the professional development of our faculty and to enrich our students’ academic experiences, both at AURAK and abroad, as well as comprehensive counseling services for all students, the Office of Academic Support Services plays a vital role in building a healthy and challenging environment for all members of the AURAK community. To discover more about the four academic support units here listed, we encourage you to visit their websites.
The Office of Academic Support Services endeavors to prepare, assist and empower all students and faculty in the American University of Ras Al Khaimah (AURAK) to achieve lasting success in their fields of study.
To provide a comprehensive and integrated academic support service to the community of the American University of Ras Al Khaimah (AURAK) as the University develops.
- To enhance knowledge acquisition, integration and application both in and out of the classroom
- To assist students with a wide range of academic abilities and backgrounds to develop the skills necessary to achieve their academic goals
- To maintain and increase access to the library resources needed for student and faculty academic success and for the development of research skills
- To provide challenging and rewarding intercultural opportunities for students and faculty through tailor-made study abroad and exchange programs
- To increase diversity initiatives on campus through the welcoming of incoming visiting international students and faculty
- To support students with disabilities to participate fully and successfully in campus life
- To enhance the professional development of faculty
- To engage in data tracking, strategic planning and reporting to support the academic development of students and faculty