About Ras Al Khaimah
About Ras Al Khaimah
Ras Al Khaimah is the largest city and capital of the Emirate of Ras Al Khaimah and the sixth-largest city in UAE after Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Al Ain, and Ajman.
Only a 45-minute drive from Dubai, Ras Al Khaimah is well-known for its unique nature, leisure, adventure, and authentic offerings and has become one of the most sought-after destinations in the Middle East.
The UAE is considered the 3rd safest country, and Dubai is the 8th safest city in the world as per the 2019 Numbeo Crime Index, making it a very attractive destination for international students and visitors.
Activities in RAK
Here are a few of the many activities you can look forward to in RAK:
- Jebel Jais Zip Line – at a speed of 150kmph, the world’s longest zipline will take you across deep ravines, canyons, and rough peaks.
- Suwaide Pearls - celebrate the history of pearl fishing in Ras Al Khaimah.
- Dhayah Fort - a stunning castle-like structure that is on the UNESCO World Heritage Tentative List.
- Al Wadi Equestrian Adventure Centre - The center is home to beautiful Arabian horses, the rare oryx, swaggering camels, desert foxes, and the shy desert cat.
- Take an Abra (traditional boat) and explore Ras Al Khaimah Creek.
- Rak Airventure – enjoy the thrills of a traditional hot air balloon ride and take in the breathtaking views of RAK.
- Bear Grylls Explorers Camp - equip yourselves with the essential life skills, techniques, and attitudes needed to survive the wilds of the mountains and desert lands by the Bear Grylls instructors
Are you looking for a sunny getaway? Pack your bag and head towards one of our many beautiful beaches in RAK. Varying from private and public resort beaches, you will find the perfect getaway.
Shopping in RAK
Looking for a new outfit? Or you may want to watch a movie or have something to eat with your friends. Several major shopping malls in Ras Al Khaimah ensure you don’t miss out on any shopping extravaganzas. Some of the most popular malls in RAK include:
Al Hamra Mall
For more information about Things to Do in RAK, including shopping, visit https://visitrasalkhaimah.com/things-to-do/
With Dubai only a 45-minute drive from RAK, it is easy to take a day trip to this famous destination to satisfy your shopping craving. Famous shopping destinations include Mall of the Emirates, Dubai Mall, Palm Jumeirah Dubai and Marina Mall.
Mall of Emirates
Dubai Marina Mall
Where AURAK is located?
Located in Ras Al Khaimah, just a short drive from Dubai, AURAK is one of the best universities in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) and is often featured on the list of top US universities and colleges in the region. The American University of Ras Al Khaimah (AURAK) is a premier institution of higher education, dedicated to providing an exceptional academic experience for students from around the world.