School of Engineering
School of Engineering
Our School of Engineering is committed to cultivating future engineers equipped to tackle global challenges with creativity and expertise. Through a dynamic curriculum, cutting-edge facilities, and a faculty of industry experts, we offer a comprehensive education that seamlessly integrates theoretical knowledge with hands-on application. Our mission is to shape the world through the pursuit of innovation and engineering excellence.
The School of Engineering at the American University of Ras Al Khaimah (AURAK) offers a wide range of undergraduate and graduate programs across the fields of engineering, architecture, and computer science. Our faculty are highly qualified educators and scholars with degrees from leading North American and international universities. We are committed to providing our students with an outstanding education that prepares them for successful careers in their chosen fields. Each of our programs holds accreditation from the Commission for Academic Accreditation, and several of our engineering undergraduate programs have received accreditation from the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET), a prestigious US-based organization. In addition, our Bachelor of Architecture program has obtained candidacy status by the National Architectural Accrediting Board (NAAB), paving the way to full accreditation status in the future.
At the School of Engineering, we pride ourselves on our state-of-the-art facilities and small class sizes, allowing for a more engaging and personalized learning experience. We believe that technical skills are essential for success in the engineering and computer science fields, but we also emphasize the development of communication and teamwork abilities, as well as extracurricular experiences that help prepare our students for the highly competitive job market. Our students have participated in national and international competitions, such as the Solar Decathlon Middle East and the Hackathon and Think Science competitions, and have built a sustainable house as part of their entry into the Solar Decathlon.
In addition to our academic programs, the School of Engineering is home to the Center of Information, Communication, and Networking Education and Innovation (ICONET), which conducts leading-edge research in satellite development and other areas. Our students and faculty have successfully built and launched the MeznSat satellite, the first mini-satellite developed by students in the UAE. We are proud of our school’s contributions to the local and international engineering communities. We encourage you to explore our website to learn more about our programs and the exciting opportunities available to our students.
As the Dean of the School of Engineering, I am confident that our institution will provide you with a transformational, student-centered learning experience that will prepare you for success in the engineering field.
Prof. Khalid Hussain
Dean of the School of Engineering
The advisory council for the School of Engineering advises the school on policies and procedures, promotes the school community services, provides input on the school curriculum, helps in accommodating engineering graduates in the labor market, shares information on developments in the country, and serves as an instrument for action.
- Prof. Abdullah Ismael Al Zarouni – Professor of Electrical Engineering – Rochester Institute of Technology, Dubai, Chair.
- Dr. Omar Al – Emam, Space Technology Advisor – UAE Space Agency.
- Engr. Omar Al Mahmoud, CEO – ICT Fund.
- Dr. Ayman ElNashar – Head of Technology Architecture, Research & Development, DU Emirates Integrated Telecommunication Company
- Eng. Abdullah Samhan – Chief Executive Officer, Urban Planning and Development Sector, RAK Municipality
- Eng. Eesa Abdulla Al Shamsi – Deputy Director General, RAK Public Service Department
- Mr. Chris Wood – CEO, RAK Gas
- Mr. Hasan Ali Hasan Bulhoon Alshemelli – Vice President – Mobile Planning, Etisalat, UAE
- Mr. Khalifa Rashed Ali Rashdoh Alhebsi – IT Director, Khalifa Hospital
- Mr. Giri Prasa – Terminal Manager Ecomar Energy Solutions FZC
- Mr. Cico Abraham Pinto Rizzo – Senior Analyst, Corporate Planning Department, ADNOC