BA in Mass Communication
BA in Mass Communication
The Bachelor of Arts degree in Mass Communication has been developed to provide students with a high-quality education in line with emerging market trends in the media industry within the UAE, the Middle East, and the wider world. Rapid advancements in the field of communication and new media have created a demand for qualified professionals and leaders who possess the knowledge to address global issues and, by so doing, shape the future of the media industry.
Blank Dropdown 3
Blank Dropdown 4
The Bachelor of Arts in Mass Communication with concentrations in Digital Media or Public Relations will produce competent graduates with the ability to apply both knowledge and skills of their area of concentration to engage in research to benefit the community and the nation, to ensure quality in the learners’ professional lives.
Program Educational Objectives
The goals and objectives of the Bachelor of Arts in Mass Communication are simultaneously aligned with the mission statement of the university and seek to achieve the objectives embedded in the university mission.
The Goals of the Mass Communication Program are to:
- Provide the student with a broad and deep knowledge about the study of communication, the similarities and differences between communication delivery modes, including their structure, processes, an ethical practice thereof, and the significance in social and professional uses
- Foster an understanding of the interdisciplinary nature and the cultural, ethical, and historical contexts of human communication;
- Enhance the student’s proficiency in research skills, the use of technology and media, critical thinking, creativity, and analytical abilities to pursue knowledge independently in the pursuit of advanced higher education;
- Produce graduates who possess advanced practical and interpersonal skills that are grounded in truth and ethically practiced who demonstrate the capacity to establish and evaluate communication relationships in order to lead and serve the community; and
- Produce responsible and competent professionals with practical skills, social commitment, and ethical standards that satisfy the demands of employment in the UAE, the region, and the world.
Program Learning Outcomes
AURAK Mass Communication graduates should demonstrate the ability to:
- Explain communication theory and demonstrate applications of relevant theoretical concepts for different mass communication fields;
- Recognize key skills and employ contemporary tools for communicating effectively in realistic media environments;
- Utilize appropriate messages and techniques for communicating effectively;
- Apply research methodologies and models and implement these in communication work;
- Identify factors characterizing the global nature of modern media systems;
- Distinguish cultural issues in planning various forms of communication; and
- Analyze principles of ethics, fairness, and regulation as they relate to media practices.
Goals for the Digital Media Concentration
The goals of the Digital Media Concentration are to:
- Provide a strong foundation in the theoretical principles, approaches, techniques, and practices of communication through digital media;
- Produce graduates that have proficiency in communication and communication delivery modes that is applicable in diverse contexts;
- Enhance the student’s proficiency in research skills by developing their critical thinking skills, creativity, analytical abilities, and their ability to work with communication technology and communication media; and
- Produce responsible professionals competent in communication in digital media who satisfy the demands of employment and the needs of the community in the UAE and the wider region.
Program Learning Outcomes for the Digital Media Concentration
Upon completing the Bachelor of Arts in Mass Communication with a concentration in Digital Media, graduates will demonstrate the ability to:
- Employ convergent technologies for production and expression of communication pieces for news, documentaries, entertainment, and persuasive communication; and
- Apply latest trends in multimedia practices and uses for professional digital communication to a local or international context.
Goals for the Public Relations Concentration
The goals of the Public Relations Concentration are to:
- Foster an understanding of the interdisciplinary nature and the historical and cultural contexts of human communication in English and in another modern language in all public relations roles;
- Enhance the learner’s proficiency in research skills, the use of technology and the media, critical thinking, creativity, and analytical abilities to pursue public relations communication knowledge independently in advanced higher education;
- Demonstrate how contemporary public relation approaches and strategies may be used to improve communication with the audience in both public and private spheres;
- Listen to and to speak, and to read and write public relations texts thoughtfully and to demonstrate an ability to support any communication with truthful and honest responses that increase the trust of the audience; and
- Write effective public relations texts and to create public relations in media.
Program Learning Outcomes for the Public Relations Concentration
Upon completing the program in Mass Communication with a concentration in Public Relations, graduates will demonstrate the ability to:
- Discuss the characteristics of unique publics and design strategies to best establish symmetrical relationships with them; and
- Summarize modern principles of public relations practices and analyze how these can be used in the UAE and globally.
Jobs directly related to your degree include:
- Media planner
- Multimedia specialist
- Program researcher
- Public relations officer
Jobs where your degree would be useful include:
- Advertising account executive
- Broadcast journalist
- Editorial assistant
- Event organizer
- Information officer
- Magazine journalist
- Market researcher
BS in Biotechnology
Biotechnology is the use of biological processes, organisms, or systems to manufacture products intended to improve the quality of human life. Biotechnology is of significant importance in a number of...
BA in Mass Communication
Mass communication is a process in which a person, group of people, or an organization sends a message through a channel of communication to a large group…