BS in Business Administration
BS in Business Administration
The Bachelor Science in Business Administration (BSBA) at AURAK aims to provide a broad background of study for students who wish to pursue a career in one of many business sectors – retail, hospitality, information technology, manufacturing, or non-profit organizations. The BSBA program provides students with tools and knowledge valuable to any business and with practice in developing skills such as teamwork, analysis of numerical data, and communicating in writing and orally. BSBA majors may choose to specialize in accounting, finance, human resource management, or marketing by taking five major required courses and three major electives in one of these areas, add a minor to their specialist major or choose to be a generalist, by taking a combination of courses from all the four specialist areas
- BS in Business Administration (Generalist 1)
- BS in Business Administration (Major in Accounting)
- BS in Business Administration (Major in Finance)
- BS in Business Administration (Major in Marketing)
- BS in Business Administration (Major in Human Resource Management)
- BS in Business Administration (Minor in International Business)
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Executive Master of Business Administration (EMBA)
The mission of the Business Administration Program is to prepare graduates who are knowledgeable, skilled, globally-oriented, and ethical for entrance into business, government, other professions, and/or graduate programs.
Program Educational Objectives
The overall aims of the program are to:
- Develop a breadth of knowledge across business functions
- Create an understanding of ethical and social responsibility
- Demonstrate clarity of written and oral communication using appropriate technology
- Develop teamwork and leadership skills
- Enable Professional reflection and self-development
- Develop critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Develop proficiency in a chosen business discipline
Program Learning Outcomes
On completion of the program graduates will be able to demonstrate
PLO1: (CORE) Breadth of business knowledge
Critically expand on the basic principles of economics, accounting, finance, management, information systems, marketing and operations in the context of a global economy.
PLO2: (CORE) Ethical reasoning
Apply concepts and theories of ethics and social responsibility to practical business dilemmas, recognizing the implications of management decisions for the interests of key internal and external stakeholders.
PLO3: (CORE) Communication skills
Demonstrate competency in presentation and writing skills using the latest business communication tools.
PLO4: (CORE) Teamwork
Effectively work in teams and take the lead in team initiatives.
PLO5: (CORE) Professional Reflection
Engage in critical self-analysis and professional reflection about potential roles in a business context.
PLO6: (CORE) Critical Thinking and problem solving
Evaluate business situations and critique managerial decisions, using financial statements, statistical tools, and other appropriate methods to organize, analyze and present data.
Major Learning Outcomes (MLOs): Disciplinary Proficiency
Achievement of the learning outcomes specified for one of four BSBA majors
Jobs directly related to your degree include:
- Chartered management accountant
- Corporate investment banker
- Insurance underwriter
- Management consultant
- Operational researcher
- Risk manager
Jobs where your degree would be useful include:
- Human resources officer
- Logistics and distribution manager
- Marketing executive
- Retail manager
- Sales executive
- Systems analyst
Accounting is the process of summarizing, analyzing and reporting financial transactions, in order to facilitate informed decisions by users of the information. Accountants analyze and...
Finance is about investing, with a focus on how to value assets and manage risk. Studying a degree in Finance will help you to understand how stock markets and financial institutions function,...
Marketing is the activity, set of institutions, and processes for creating, communicating, delivering, and exchanging products and services that have value for customers, clients, partners,...
Human Resource Management is the process of hiring and developing employees so that they become more valuable to the organization. It includes conducting job...
The Executive Master of Business Administration (EMBA) program prepares potential students to become effective business managers and leaders of the future. The program achieves...