Bachelor of Architecture
Bachelor of Architecture
Bachelor of Architecture program is designed to prepare well educated, critical-thinkers and problem-solvers who possess and can effectively apply highly refined aesthetic, technical knowledge, are capable of facing professional and global challenges. Focused on sustainability challenges, which are as broadly cultural as they are technical, the program graduates are prepared to become credible stewards of the built and surrounding environment. The program leads students towards the application of principles of architecture as a science to analyze physical environments, components and processes to identify problems and propose solutions through design and modeling. It navigates graduates to integrate into multidisciplinary teams as architects, to respect professional ethics, and through highly professional attitude contribute to the local, regional and global sustainability.
- Bachelor of Architecture
- BS in Chemical Engineering
- BS in Civil & Infrastructure Engineering
- BS in Computer Engineering
- BS in Computer Science
- BS in Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- BS in Electrical Engineering
- BS in Electronics & Communications Engineering
- BS in Industrial Engineering
- BS in Mechanical Engineering
- BS in Petroleum Engineering
- Master of Science in Engineering Project Management
- BA in Interior Design
- BS in Artificial Intelligence
- Master in Infrastructure Engineering
- Master of Science in Sustainable and Renewable Energy
Bachelor of Architecture program is focused on sustainability challenges and prepares graduates that are critical-thinkers, problem-solvers and capable of facing professional and global challenges. Equipped with highly refined aesthetic and technical knowledge, capable of respecting professional ethics and work in multidisciplinary teams, graduates can easily integrate into architectural practices for built environment problem solving.
Program Educational Objectives
The Bachelor of Architecture Program at AURAK produces graduates who are armed with knowledge and skills as articulated in its student outcomes to become:
- Industrious architects who create healthy and safe spaces of different scale (buildings, cities) that are responsive to the environment and users.
- Practitioners who value professional ethics and architecture business as influencing the built environment and human wellness.
- Professionals capable of continuous learning to meet the requirements of altering built environment and comply with the regional/ national laws and regulations.
- Designers experienced in evaluating solutions as it relates to building systems design, materials, technologies against project objectives, cost and building performance.
- Team leaders capable of making decisions within architectural projects for universal design with minimal impact on environment.
- Active contributors to the local community and the world through an integrative design process with a multidisciplinary team.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Employ critical thinking that takes into consideration alternative perspectives by analyzing, evaluating, and synthesizing ideas and information gathered through research grounded in acquired information.
- Implement complex two and three-dimensional graphic representation techniques using a wide variety of manual and digital media as well as oral and written forms to reflect on and convey the architectural design process to a wide range of stakeholders.
- Demonstrate a solid base of knowledge in history and theory grounded in the intellectual understanding of social, cultural and economic aspects and through applied research by raising clear and precise questions to clarify and express information to reach logical conclusions and evaluate options against relevant design criteria, building standards, and program requirements.
- Utilize and integrate technical skills and professional knowledge in comprehensive application of life safety, accessibility, and sustainability issues in integrating the principles of environmental stewardship and making appropriate design decisions of varying scales and levels of complexity through a technical design process based on appropriate documentation in a manner that is client-centered, sustainable, aesthetic, cost effective, and socially responsible.
- Develop the capability to synthesize variable components into an integrated design solution through the employment of appropriate building materials, building systems, and construction practices, which are environmentally friendly and based on research and design decisions for a variety of systems and levels of complexity.
- Show the ability to lead teams of stakeholders collaboratively within the process of understanding, developing and applying solutions to problems in the built as well as the natural environments, utilizing knowledge and parameters of professional practice associated with ethical, legal, financial and social responsibilities.
- Apply reasoning skills including math, physics, and logic to investigate problems related to gravity and other forces in structural systems, thermal heat gain and loss in buildings, material quantity estimates, budget management, and life-cycle cost analysis.
Enrollment and Graduation Data
|NUMBER OF ENROLLED STUDENTS|
|Spring 2022 (Census: February)||64|
|Fall 2021 (Census: September)||62|
|Spring 2021 (Census: February)||66|
|Fall 2020 (Census: September)||77|
|Spring 2020 (Census: February)||71|
|NUMBER OF GRADUATES|
|Fall 2021||Spring 2022||Summer I 2022||Summer II 2022||Bachelor’s Degrees Awarded
|Fall 2020||Spring 2021||Summer I 2021||Summer II 2021||Bachelor’s Degrees Awarded
- Building surveyor
- Commercial/residential surveyor
- Higher education lecturer
- Historic buildings inspector/conservation officer
- Landscape architect
- Planning and development surveyor
- Production designer, theatre/television/film
- Structural engineer
- Town planner
- Architectural technologist
- Interior and spatial designer
Bachelor in Architecture
Architecture is both the process and the product of planning, designing, and constructing buildings and other physical structures.
Chemical engineering is a broad multi-disciplinary branch of engineering that combines the knowledge of mathematics and science – particularly chemistry...