Bachelor of Architecture
Bachelor of Architecture
Bachelor of Architecture program is designed to prepare well educated, critical-thinkers, and problem solvers who possess and can effectively apply highly refined aesthetic, technical knowledge, are capable of facing professional and global challenges. Focused on sustainability challenges, which are as broadly cultural as they are technical, the program graduates are prepared to become credible stewards of the built and surrounding environment. The program leads students towards the application of principles of architecture as a science to analyze physical environments, components, and processes to identify problems and propose solutions through design and modeling. It navigates graduates to integrate into multidisciplinary teams as architects, to respect professional ethics, and through highly professional attitude contribute to the local, regional, and global sustainability.
- Bachelor of Architecture
- BS in Chemical Engineering
- BS in Civil & Infrastructure Engineering
- BS in Computer Engineering
- BS in Computer Science
- BS in Electrical Engineering
- BS in Electronics & Communications Engineering
- BS in Industrial Engineering
- BS in Mechanical Engineering
- BS in Petroleum Engineering
- Master of Science in Engineering Project Management
- BA in Interior Design
- BS in Artificial Intelligence
- Master in Infrastructure Engineering
- Master of Sustainable and Renewable Energy
Bachelor of Architecture program is focused on sustainability challenges and prepares graduates that are critical-thinkers, problem-solvers, and capable of facing professional and global challenges. Equipped with highly refined aesthetic and technical knowledge, capable of respecting professional ethics and work in multidisciplinary teams, graduates can easily integrate into architectural practices for built environment problem-solving.
Program Educational Objectives
The graduate of the Architecture Program is expected to be able to:
- Pursue a successful professional career in local and regional markets or higher studies in the field of Architecture.
- Conceive, design, model, analyze, test, and implement Architectural principles and processes considering their environmental impact.
- Professionally apply creative thinking, skills, historical knowledge, and experimental techniques in solving practical problems.
- Effectively communicate and function in various multidisciplinary environments and engage in lifelong learning and professional development.
- Understand the ethical, cultural, and environmental considerations of the architectural profession.
Program Learning Outcomes
Graduates of the Bachelor of Architecture program will have the ability to:
- Employ critical thinking that takes into consideration alternative perspectives by analyzing, evaluating, and synthesizing ideas and information gathered through research grounded in acquired information.
- Implement complex two and three-dimensional graphic representation techniques using a wide variety of manual and digital media as well as oral and written forms to reflect on and convey the architectural design process to a wide range of stakeholders.
- Demonstrate a solid base of knowledge in history and theory grounded in the intellectual understanding of social, cultural, and economic aspects and through applied research by raising clear and precise questions to clarify and express information to reach logical conclusions and evaluate options against relevant design criteria, building standards, and program requirements.
- Utilize and integrate technical skills and professional knowledge in comprehensive application of life safety, accessibility, and sustainability issues in integrating the principles of environmental stewardship and making appropriate design decisions of varying scales and levels of complexity through a technical design process based on appropriate documentation in a manner that is client-centered, sustainable, aesthetic, cost-effective, and socially responsible.
- Develop the capability to synthesize variable components into an integrated design solution through the employment of appropriate building materials, building systems, and construction practices which are environmentally friendly and based on research and design decisions for a variety of systems and levels of complexity.
- Show the ability to lead teams of stakeholders collaboratively within the process of understanding, developing, and applying solutions to problems in the built as well as the natural environments, utilizing knowledge and parameters of professional practice associated with ethical, legal, financial, and social responsibilities.
- Apply reasoning skills including math, physics, and logic to investigate problems related to gravity and other forces in structural systems, thermal heat gain and loss in buildings, material quantity estimates, budget management, and life-cycle cost analysis.
Enrollment and Graduation Data
|NUMBER OF ENROLLED STUDENTS|
|Spring 2021 (Census: February)||66|
|Fall 2020 (Census: September)||77|
|Spring 2020 (Census: February)||71|
|Fall 2019 (Census: September)||75|
|Spring 2019 (Census: February)||72|
|TOTAL NUMBER OF GRADUATES (AS OF)|
- Building surveyor
- Commercial/residential surveyor
- Higher education lecturer
- Historic buildings inspector/conservation officer
- Landscape architect
- Planning and development surveyor
- Production designer, theatre/television/film
- Structural engineer
- Town planner
- Architectural technologist
- Interior and spatial designer
Bachelor in Architecture
Architecture is both the process and the product of planning, designing, and constructing buildings and other physical structures.
Chemical engineering is a broad multi-disciplinary branch of engineering that combines the knowledge of mathematics and science – particularly chemistry...