BA in Interior Design
The Bachelor of Art in Interior Design Degree is a comprehensive experience that provides those who are creative excellent learning opportunities in Interior Design theory and practice. The study for the degree last nine semesters (four academic years) and equips graduates with substantial knowledge and skills to work in multidisciplinary teams for creating heathy indoor environments within diverse historical, social, cultural, geographical and economic contexts. Capable of critical thinking, continuous self-development and lifelong learning, graduates are well prepared to meet the challenges of ever-changing world and building sector, evaluate design theories and solve the problems related to indoor spaces, human and environmental wellbeing.
- Bachelor of Architecture
- BS in Artificial Intelligence
- BS in Chemical Engineering
- BS in Civil & Infrastructure Engineering
- BS in Computer Engineering
- BS in Computer Science
- BS in Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- BS in Electrical Engineering
- BS in Electronics & Communications Engineering
- BS in Industrial Engineering
- BA in Interior Design
- BS in Mechanical Engineering
- BS in Petroleum Engineering
- Master of Science in Engineering Project Management
- Master in Infrastructure Engineering
- Master of Science in Sustainable and Renewable Energy
Bachelor of Art in Interior Design at AURAK prepares students for continuous self-development and lifelong learning and equips them with professional, competitive skills and capability of producing contextually appropriate design solution that meet the requirements of rapidly developing building sector and in accordance with the cultural, social, and political sensibility, human and environmental wellbeing, safety and aesthetic values.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
The Bachelor of Arts in Interior Design at AURAK produces graduates who are armed with knowledge and skills as articulated in its student outcomes to become:
- Assiduous designers who engage in lifelong learning, continuous self-development and value business ethics to meaningfully develop their careers and contribute to the human and environmental wellbeing.
- Problems-solvers with advanced knowledge and specialized skills in interior design who are capable of working in multidisciplinary team and in diverse historical, social, cultural, geographical and economic contexts.
- Designers capable of evaluating design theories and philosophies conserving indoor spaces, built and natural environment and make data-driven design decisions.
- Wellness practitioners that are well equipped with knowledge in codes and regulations related to the built environment and can face the challenges of the interior design industry and positively contribute to it.
- Professionals armed with skills in latest design technologies and communication media capable of producing interior design projects that satisfy the requirements of the clients and users.
Program Learning Outcomes
Graduates of the Bachelor of Arts in Interior Design program will have the ability to:
- Value business ethics and interior design practice as influenced by the regional and global market and integral part of multidisciplinary teamwork for build environment problem solving, space quality enhancement and human wellbeing.
- Appraise global context and its impact on interior design practice and construction decisions, using knowledge and theories related to the history of interior design, decorative arts, material culture and architecture in relationship to the social, political and physical factors that affect the changes of the built environment.
- Evaluate theories related to design elements and principles, space organization and produce design problems solutions throughout the phases of design process for their two- and three- dimensional representation via various media and communication techniques.
- Apply philosophies concerning interrelations between building, nature, virtual and technological environments as influencing human experience, behavior, wellbeing and performance, considering human factors, ergonomics and recommend design solutions for building systems to contribute human wellbeing and environmental safety.
- Develop appropriate color and natural/artificial lighting schemes for supporting design ideas with minimal impact on the environment through use of color and light doctrines that are dependent on context, and influencing space perception and human wellbeing.
- Compare properties, safety, and life cycle cost of furnishings, objects, materials and finishes, fabrication, installation and maintenance methods for supporting design project criteria while minimizing the impact on human and environmental wellbeing.
- Assess the impact of construction on the environment and recommend best design solutions; develop interior construction drawings and documents for the given project scope; appraise legislations concerning built and natural environments human wellbeing and universal design.
|NUMBER OF ENROLLED STUDENTS|
|Fall 2022 (Census: September)
|Spring 2022 (Census: February)||23|
|Fall 2021 (Census: September)||22|
Jobs directly related to your degree include:
- Sustainable Interior Designer
- Universal Interior Designer
- Exhibition Designer
- Furniture Designer
- Lighting Designer
- Interior Decorator
- Technical Designer
Jobs where your degree would be useful include:
- Specialized Design Consultant
- Architectural consultant
- Building operation and maintenance consultant
- Set designer
- Events manager