Bachelor of Science in Artificial Intelligence
The Bachelor of Science in Artificial Intelligence (BSAI) degree program at AURAK is designed to equip learners with an in-depth knowledge of computer science theory and a thorough understanding of artificial intelligence (AI) and data science technologies. Students are exposed to state-of-the-art AI-related methods relevant to knowledge representation and reasoning. Such techniques will enhance human capabilities through automated analysis of complex inputs and facilitate automated decision making. The program includes techniques and topics such as machine learning, computer vision, robotics, data analysis and visualization, natural language processing, and data mining.
The global demand for AI and data science professionals is on the rise due to the integration of the field into most industries. This need is further exacerbated by a worldwide shortage of AI talent.
- Bachelor of Architecture
- BS in Chemical Engineering
- BS in Civil & Infrastructure Engineering
- BS in Computer Engineering
- BS in Computer Science
- BS in Electrical Engineering
- BS in Electronics & Communications Engineering
- BS in Industrial Engineering
- BS in Mechanical Engineering
- BS in Petroleum Engineering
- Master of Science in Engineering Project Management
- BA in Interior Design
- BS in Artificial Intelligence
- Master in Infrastructure Engineering
- Master of Sustainable and Renewable Energy
The mission of the Bachelor of Science in Artificial Intelligence program is to graduate students with the knowledge and skills to enable them to design and develop computer systems and data models using the latest advances in the field and hence become effective leaders capable of utilizing artificial intelligence and data science locally and globally across various domains.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
A few years after earning their degree, our graduates will be:
- Successful professionals and innovators in theoretical and practical areas of computer science, artificial intelligence, and data science
- Engaged in creating a positive technological impact with a sufficient awareness of the ethical, legal, and security issues related to computing, artificial intelligence, and data science
- Equipped with the skills required for professional practice including functioning in teams and communicating effectively
Program Learning Outcomes
Graduates of the program will have the ability to:
- Analyze a complex computing problem and to apply principles of computing, artificial intelligence, statistics, and other relevant disciplines to identify solutions.
- Design, implement, and evaluate computer science or artificial intelligence solutions to meet a given set of computing requirements in the context of the program’s discipline.
- Communicate effectively in a variety of professional contexts.
- Recognize professional responsibilities and make informed judgments in computing practice based on legal and ethical principles.
- Function effectively as a member or leader of a team engaged in activities appropriate to the program’s discipline.
- Apply computer science and artificial intelligence theory and software development fundamentals to produce computing-based solutions.
- Build, apply, and evaluate data science models to solve problems using theoretical fundamentals.
How to Apply
Please read the following carefully before completing the application form
- Applicants must complete the application themselves. All requirements on this application must be filled in. Incomplete applications will not be considered. It is preferable that all items be typed.
- Applicants are encouraged to apply early. They should not wait until their final examination results are announced.
- Please note that submitting an application, paying the application fee and receiving an ID number does not in any way mean that an applicant is admitted to the university. Admission is offered in writing to qualified applicants only after an official evaluation of their credentials is performed by the Office of Admissions.
- The offer of admission is valid only for the academic semester for which the applicant applies. Applicants who wish to defer their admission to the following semester must submit a written request to the Office of Admissions not later than one month before the beginning of the semester. Admission consideration for the following semester will depend on meeting the established requirements and available seats.
- In case seats are not available in the semester you selected, AURAK will consider your application for the following semester.
- All documents presented to complete an application for admission are the property of the university. Applicants, whether accepted or not, may not claim them back.
Forms and Checklist
English Proficiency Requirements
|Name of Exam||Score|
|TOEFL - Paper based||550|
|TOEFL - Internet Based||80|
|City & Guilds TESOL||B2|
Tuition and Fees
Academic Year 2018 - 2019
|Amount (AED)||Due by:|
|Application||750||Application submission, non-refundable|
|Admission||2,000||Issuance of Admission Letter; and Non-refundable|
|Tuition- MBA||2,520||Per credit, payable by first day of class|
|Tuition- EMBA||3,150||Per credit, payable by first day of class|
|Tuition- MEEL||2,100||Per credit, payable by first day of class|
|Tuition- MS Engr. PM||2,730||Per credit, payable by first day of class|
|Summer Session - Other Fees||Amount (AED)||Due by:|
|Technology / Activity Services||400||Per summer session, non-refundable|
|Lab||400||Per summer session, per lab & non-refundable|
|Student Visa Fees||Amount (AED)||Due by:|
|Visa||2,000||100% due at time of admission payment, non-refundable (Including Emirates ID)|
|Visa change of status||900||100% due at time of admission payment, or when applicable, non-refundable|
|Visa Security Deposit||2,000||100% due at time of admission payment, One time, refundable after the visa cancellation|
|Others||Amount (AED)||Due by:|
|Technology / Activity / Gym Services||750||Per semester, non-refundable|
|Lab||750||Per semester, per lab & non-refundable|
|Security deposit||1,500||One time, refundable if no s/ damage charges due|
|Graduation||1,500||One time, non-refundable|
|Late Payment||300||Per Month after due date|
|Late Registration||1,000||Per semester, non-refundable|
|Check Returned||500||Penalty for every check returned|
|Transcript- Official||100||Per Transcript|
|Transcript- True||50||Per Transcript|
|*Transportation||3,500||Per Semester for Ras AI Khaimah|
|*Transportation||5,500||Per Semester for Dubai, Sharjah, Ajman,Um AI Quwain, Fujairah|
|*Transportation||6,000||Per Semester for Abu Dhabi (Only on weekends)|
|ID Card||100||For Replacement|
|Official Letter||50||Per Letter|
|Gymnasium||500||Per month, for Non-AURAK students|
|Library Books overdue fines||10||Per day per item for Circulating & Reserve materials|
|Library Books Lost I Damaged||Actual Cost||Circulating books, Audio-Visual items, Reference Material|
||Mandatory (non-refundable) To opt out students must produce evidence of viable current health insurance|
* For transportation- Minimum 5 students must registered for each zone to provide service
* AURAK reserves the right to make changes in tuition, fees, and other charges at any time such changes are deemed necessary.
Graduate Transfer Students
A maximum of six graduate credits from a graduate school at an accredited college/university may be transferred to a program of study at AURAK, subject to program-specific rules and regulations.
- Credits for transfer must be approved by the Dean of the School of Graduate Studies and Research in consultation with the Coordinator of the appropriate graduate degree program according to the guidelines of graduate studies.
- These credits must have been earned not more than five years prior to the transfer, and the student must have earned a grade of B or higher for any graduate-level course that is requested to be transferred.
- Likewise, these credits may not have been used to satisfy requirements for another earned degree. Transfer credit will not be accepted for research or thesis/dissertation work.
- Likewise, these credits may not have been used to satisfy requirements for another earned degree. Transfer credit will not be accepted for research or thesis work.
- Grades earned in transferred courses do not count in the student’s cumulative GPA (CGPA), though transferred credits count toward the cumulative earned hours and may apply towards meeting graduation requirements.
- Applicants must request that credit transfers be reviewed at the time of application.
Option A: CASH (OR) CREDIT CARD
The fees can be paid in person in cash or through credit card (Visa & Master card) at the American University of Ras Al Khaimah between 8.30 am to 4.30 pm in the Accounts Office.
Option B: CHECK
Persons with UAE bank accounts may write a check made payable to American University of Ras Al Khaimah. The check can be sent to the address below or taken to the Accounts Office on the AURAK Campus.
American University of Ras Al Khaimah Ras Al Khaimah Campus
P O Box 10021
Ras Al Khaimah
United Arab Emirates
Option C: BANK TRANSFER
|:||American University of Ras Al Khaimah|
|Bank Address||:||RAK Bank
Nakheel Branch, Ras Al Khaimah, UAE
|Note: For USD transfers ONLY use the following additional information|
|Correspondence Bank||:||Standard Chartered Bank, New York, USA