BS in Chemical Engineering
The Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering (CHEN) program was established in 2014 and started accepting students in Fall 2014. Over 30 students are currently enrolled in the program.
The CHEN program is a unique four-year undergraduate program. The program covers areas of sustainable engineering, global issues, and multidisciplinary problem solving and system analysis components across its curriculum to solve society and industrial most challenging problems. In addition, the program closely matches local professional opportunities and the direction of professions in chemical engineering.
The CHEN program has 132 credit hours over the duration of eight semesters including three credit hours of internship program. The curriculum of the program covers reaction engineering, process design and control, fluid and material transportation, renewable energy, mass and heat transfer, and water and environmental engineering. The program was prepared taking into consideration criteria set by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET) and the Commission for Academic Accreditation (CAA) at the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research, United Arab of Emirates.
The Chemical Engineering faculty members have graduated from well-known universities in the world, and their expertise covers a broad range of technical areas, including reaction engineering, process design, renewable energy and management, environmental engineering, and wastewater treatment.
- Bachelor of Architecture
- BS in Chemical Engineering
- BS in Civil & Infrastructure Engineering
- BS in Computer Engineering
- BS in Computer Science
- BS in Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- BS in Electrical Engineering
- BS in Electronics & Communications Engineering
- BS in Industrial Engineering
- BS in Mechanical Engineering
- BS in Petroleum Engineering
- Master of Science in Engineering Project Management
- BA in Interior Design
- BS in Artificial Intelligence
- Master in Infrastructure Engineering
- Master of Science in Sustainable and Renewable Energy
The Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering program at AURAK educates students to become qualified engineers who are capable of generating effective solutions by using engineering approaches in the field of Chemical Engineering. The graduates of the program will be well versed in technology and in social and environmental issues.
To fulfill this mission, the program provides the undergraduate student with a thorough foundation in the basic tenets of Chemical Engineering and technologies and a broad introduction into chemistry, engineering materials, thermal sciences, reaction and separation sciences, energy and environment protection, and chemical systems. The program provides a strong background for graduate study in the diverse areas branching out of the Chemical Engineering field. The technical focus is complemented with topics in general education leading to a well-rounded member of the global society.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
The Program Educational Objectives (PEOs) describe the expected accomplishments of the graduates of the Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering. The PEOs have been derived from and support the mission statement of AURAK. The chemical engineering program has a strong focus on the integration of engineering, science, and process design with complementary areas of study in environmental engineering, fuels and energy, pharmaceutical, petrochemicals, materials, and renewable energy.
The graduates of the Chemical Engineering Program are expected to:
- Pursue a successful professional career in engineering, scientific, or complementary disciplines through technical competence, effective communication, teamwork, and leadership;
- Engaged in creating a positive impact with sufficient awareness of the ethical, cultural, legal, and environmental issues; and
- Maintain a lifelong interest in learning for personal and professional development.
Program Learning Outcomes
AURAK has adopted ABET’s student outcomes for the Chemical Engineering Program. The outcomes for the program are for the student to acquire:
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics
- An ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors
- An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences
- An ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts
- An ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives
- An ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions
- An ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.
Enrollment and Graduation Data
|NUMBER OF ENROLLED STUDENTS|
|Spring 2022 (Census: February)
|Fall 2021 (Census: September)||34|
|Spring 2021 (Census: February)||31|
|Fall 2020 (Census: September)||27|
|Spring 2020 (Census: February)||39|
|NUMBER OF GRADUATES|
|Fall 2021||Spring 2022||Summer I 2022||Summer II 2022||Bachelor’s Degrees Awarded
|Fall 2020||Spring 2021||Summer I 2021||Summer II 2021||Bachelor’s Degrees Awarded
Jobs directly related to your degree include:
- Process Engineer
- Analytical chemist
- Materials engineer
- Mining engineer
- Energy Engineer
- Production Engineer
- Quality Control
- Nuclear Engineer
- Pharmaceutical Engineer
- Research & Development Engineer
- Design Engineer
- HSE Engineer
- Manufacturing Engineer
- Field Engineer
Jobs where your degree would be useful include:
- Oil and gas industry
- Petrochemical industry
- Aerospace industry
- Automotive industry
- Cement industry
- Consumer goods industry
- Defense industry
- Desalination plant
- Waste treatment plant
- Food industry
- Government institutions
- Pharmaceuticals industry
- Power generation industry
- Research and Development
- Utilities industry
- Academic institutions
Bachelor in Architecture
Architecture is both the process and the product of planning, designing, and constructing buildings and other physical structures.
Chemical engineering is a broad multi-disciplinary branch of engineering that combines the knowledge of mathematics and science – particularly chemistry...