⇒ Bachelor of Science in Civil & Infrastructure Engineering
⇒ 4 Years (8 Semesters)
⇒ 133 Credit Hours
Civil engineering is a professional engineering discipline that deals with the design, construction, and maintenance of the physical and naturally built environment.
Jobs directly related to your degree include:
- Building control surveyor
- Consulting civil engineer
- Contracting civil engineer
- Site engineer
- Structural engineer
- Water engineer
Jobs where your degree would be useful include:
- Building services engineer
- Engineering geologist
- Environmental consultant
- Patent attorney
- Quantity surveyor
The Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering and Infrastructure program at the American University of Ras Al Khaimah (AURAK) educates students to become qualified engineers who are capable of generating effective solutions by using engineering approaches in the field of Civil and Infrastructure Engineering. The graduates of the program will be well versed in technology and in social and environmental issues.
To fulfill this mission, the program provides the undergraduate student with a thorough foundation in the basic tenets of Civil and Infrastructure Engineering and technologies, and a broad introduction into structures, engineering materials, transport systems, soil engineering and environment protection. The program provides a strong background for graduate study in the diverse areas branching out of the Civil and Infrastructure Engineering field. The technical focus is complemented with topics in general education leading to a well-rounded member of the global society.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
The Bachelor of Science in Civil and Infrastructure Engineering Program at AURAK produces graduates who are armed with knowledge and skills as articulated in its student outcomes to become:
- Leaders in their profession who serve society in the construction industry, the transportation sector and project management and in shaping public environmental and infrastructure policies.
- Competent civil engineers who are engaged in the design of civil engineering and infrastructure systems; and
- Contributors to the advancement of the civil engineering discipline at the national and global levels.
AURAK has adopted ABET’s a-k outcomes for Civil and Infrastructure Engineering Program. The outcomes for program are:
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering in relation to Civil and infrastructure engineering;
- An ability to design and conduct experiments, to analyze and interpret data to solve Civil and Infrastructure engineering;
- An ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs;
- An ability to function effectively as multi-disciplinary team members;
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems;
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility;
- An ability to communicate effectively;
- The broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global and societal context;
- A recognition of the need for, and an to engage in life-long learning;
- A knowledge of contemporary issues;
- An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.
Enrollment and Graduation Data
- Fall 2017 Total Number of Civil and Infrastructure Engineering Students – 148
- Spring 2017 Total Number of Civil and Infrastructure Engineering Students – 127
- Fall 2016 Total Number of Civil and Infrastructure Engineering Students – 127
- Spring 2016 Total Number of Civil and Infrastructure Engineering Students – 103
- Total Number of Civil and Infrastructure Engineering Graduated Students up to Spring 2017 – 6
Civil engineering is a professional engineering discipline that deals with the design, construction, and maintenance of the physical and naturally built environment…
Computer Science deals with the theory and methods of processing information in digital computers, the design of computer hardware and software, and the applications of computers…
Electrical Engineering is the branch of engineering that deals with the technology of electricity, in terms of the design and application of circuitry and equipment for power generation and distribution…
Industrial Engineering is a branch of engineering which deals with the optimization of complex processes or systems. Industrial engineers work to eliminate waste of time, money…
Mechanical Engineering is the discipline that applies the principles of engineering, physics, and materials science for the design, analysis, manufacturing, and maintenance…
Energy is a key component in modern civilization. Since the drilling of the first commercial oil well in 1858, petroleum engineers and geoscientists engineers have supplied the world with…