BS in Industrial Engineering
The industrial engineering program is offered in the Mechanical and Industrial Engineering Department. The Bachelor of Science degree in industrial engineering requires a minimum of 133 credit hours of coursework. As all engineering fields have to do with the design and implementation of technology, industrial engineering is concerned with the design, improvement, and installation of integrated systems of people, materials, equipment and energy. It is based on knowledge and skills in the mathematical, physical and the social science together with the principles and methods of engineering analysis and design to specify, predict, and evaluate the results to be obtained from such systems. Industrial engineering places equal weight on people, economics, and systems aspects of technology often neglected by other fields. In addition to the design of industrial engineering hardware and industrial environments, the industrial engineer is trained to design the administrative systems needed for the effective implementation of physical technology taking into consideration the interface between the equipment and people.
- Bachelor of Architecture
- BS in Chemical Engineering
- BS in Civil & Infrastructure Engineering
- BS in Computer Engineering
- BS in Computer Science
- BS in Electrical Engineering
- BS in Electronics & Communications Engineering
- BS in Industrial Engineering
- BS in Mechanical Engineering
- BS in Petroleum Engineering
- Master of Science in Engineering Project Management
- BA in Interior Design
- BS in Artificial Intelligence
- Master in Infrastructure Engineering
- Master of Sustainable and Renewable Energy
The Bachelor of Science in industrial engineering program at the American University of Ras Al Khaimah (AURAK) mission is to create, acquire, assimilate, apply, and transfer knowledge for the design, analysis, improvement, and implementation of production systems that include humans, materials, equipment, and other resources for manufacturing and services sectors, in addition to leading-edge research activities driven by the economic and technologic development needs for society. The Bachelor of Science in the industrial engineering program at AURAK educates students to become qualified engineers who are capable of generating effective solutions by using engineering approaches in the field of industrial engineering. The graduates of the program will be well versed in technology and in social and economic issues. Industrial engineering program requires students to apply principles of engineering, basic science, and mathematics; to model, analyze, design, and realize physical systems, components or processes; and prepare students to work professionally in both engineering management and manufacturing systems areas. The program provides students with an excellent foundation in the core technical competencies of the discipline: manufacturing technologies, engineering mechanics and materials, management sciences and human factors in production and workplace. In addition, an array of technical electives is offered to enable students to tailor their industrial engineering education to best suit their career goals. The technical focus is complemented with topics in general education leading to a well-rounded member of the global society.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
The Program Educational Objectives describe the expected accomplishments of graduates during their first few years after graduation. The IE program educational objectives have been derived from and support the mission statement of the American University of Ras al Khaimah. The graduates of the industrial engineering program who are armed with knowledge and skills are expected to:
- Create values for their employers and demonstrate their leadership in engineering, operation and management positions
- Expand their communication capabilities, skills and knowledge through professional development and advanced education
- Attain the contributions to multidisciplinary team goals and value-added engineering solutions that will support the industrial engineering ethics, profession and enable career advancement
Program Learning Outcomes
Graduates will have the ability to:
- Identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics.
- Apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors.
- Communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
- Recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts.
- Function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives.
- Develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions.
- Acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.
Enrollment and Graduation Data
|NUMBER OF ENROLLED STUDENTS|
|Spring 2021 (Census: February)||19|
|Fall 2020 (Census: September)||20|
|Spring 2020 (Census: February)||21|
|Fall 2019 (Census: September)||24|
|TOTAL NUMBER OF GRADUATES (AS OF)|
Jobs directly related to your degree include:
- Energy manager
- Manufacturing engineer
- Materials engineer
- Mining engineer
- Production manager
- Quality manager
Jobs where your degree would be useful include:
- Quality control engineer
- Sales engineer
- Product/process development scientist
- Project manager
- Production manager
Bachelor in Architecture
Architecture is both the process and the product of planning, designing, and constructing buildings and other physical structures.
Chemical engineering is a broad multi-disciplinary branch of engineering that combines the knowledge of mathematics and science – particularly chemistry...