⇒ Bachelor of Science in Industrial Engineering
⇒ 4 Years (8 Semesters)
⇒ 133 Credit Hours
Industrial Engineering is a branch of engineering which deals with the optimization of complex processes or systems. Industrial engineers work to eliminate waste of time, money, materials, man-hours, machine time, energy and other resources that do not generate value.
Jobs where your degree would be useful include:
- Energy manager
- Manufacturing engineer
- Materials engineer
- Mining engineer
- Production manager
- Quality manager
Jobs directly related to your degree include:
- Quality control engineer
- Sales engineer
- Product/process development scientist
- Project manager
- Production manager
The Bachelor of Science in Industrial Engineering program at the American University of Ras Al Khaimah (AURAK) mission is to create, acquire, assimilate, apply, and transfer knowledge for the design, analysis, improvement, and implementation of production systems that include humans, materials, equipment, and other resources for manufacturing and services sectors, in addition to leading-edge research activities driven by the economic and technologic development needs for society. The Bachelor of Science in Industrial Engineering program at AURAK educates students to become qualified engineers who are capable of generating effective solutions by using engineering approaches in the field of Industrial Engineering. The graduates of the program will be well versed in technology and in social and economic issues. Industrial Engineering program require students to apply principles of engineering, basic science, and mathematics; to model, analyze, design, and realize physical systems, components or processes; and prepare students to work professionally in both engineering management and manufacturing systems areas. The program provides students with an excellent foundation in the core technical competencies of the discipline: manufacturing technologies, engineering mechanics and materials, management sciences and human factors in production and workplace. In addition, an array of technical electives is offered to enable students to tailor their industrial engineering education to best suit their career goals. The technical focus is complemented with topics in general education leading to a well-rounded member of the global society.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
The Program Educational Objectives describe the expected accomplishments of graduates during their first few years after graduation. The IE program educational objectives have been derived from and support the mission statement of the American University of Ras al Khaimah. The Graduates of the Industrial Engineering Program who are armed with knowledge and skills are expected to:
- Create values for their employers and demonstrate their leadership in engineering, operation and management positions. (a, c, e)
- Expand their communication capabilities, skills and knowledge through professional development and advanced education. (g, h, i, j)
- Attain the contributions to multidisciplinary team goals and value-added engineering solutions that will support the industrial engineering ethics, profession and enable career advancement. (b, d, f, k)
AURAK has adopted ABET’s a-l outcomes for Industrial Engineering Program plus an additional outcomes which is articulated by the program. The outcomes for program are shown in the table below:
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering, and engineering management.
- An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data
- An ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, health and safety, and manufacturability.
- An ability to function on multi-disciplinary teams
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility
- An ability to communicate effectivelyThe broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, and societal context
- A recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in, further studies and life-long learning
- A knowledge of contemporary issues
- An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice
- An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern management tools necessary for industrial and other organizations.
As with any program, the Industrial Engineering Program is essentially the sum of its constituent courses and in order to graduate, a student must complete all courses to an appropriate level. Each course in the curriculum has specified objectives which link directly to the Program Objectives. In addition, each course has specified outcomes related to the course objectives, which in turn link to Program Outcomes. Program Outcomes are not of equal importance and consequently equal weighting cannot be given to all outcomes. Some outcomes link to large numbers of individual course outcomes, but some link to only a few. In a similar manner, attention to achieving some outcomes only occurs in a few courses. In practice the more technically related Program Outcomes have contributions from many courses.
Enrollment and Graduation Data
- Fall 2017 Total Number of Industrial Engineering Students – 23
- Spring 2017 Total Number of Industrial Engineering Students – 23
- Fall 2016 Total Number of Industrial Engineering Students – 24
- Total Number of Graduated Industrial Engineering Students (up to Summer 2017) – 2
Civil engineering is a professional engineering discipline that deals with the design, construction, and maintenance of the physical and naturally built environment…
Computer Science deals with the theory and methods of processing information in digital computers, the design of computer hardware and software, and the applications of computers…
Electrical Engineering is the branch of engineering that deals with the technology of electricity, in terms of the design and application of circuitry and equipment for power generation and distribution…
Industrial Engineering is a branch of engineering which deals with the optimization of complex processes or systems. Industrial engineers work to eliminate waste of time, money…
Mechanical Engineering is the discipline that applies the principles of engineering, physics, and materials science for the design, analysis, manufacturing, and maintenance…
Energy is a key component in modern civilization. Since the drilling of the first commercial oil well in 1858, petroleum engineers and geoscientists engineers have supplied the world with…