BS in Mechanical Engineering
The mechanical engineering program is offered in the Mechanical and Industrial Engineering Department, the Bachelor of Science degree in mechanical engineering requires a minimum of 134 credit hours of coursework. Mechanical engineering is one of the largest, broadest, and oldest engineering disciplines. Mechanical engineers use the principles of energy, materials, and mechanics to design and manufacture machines and devices of all types. They create the processes and systems that drive technology and industry.
The key characteristics of the profession are its breadth, flexibility, and individuality. The career paths of mechanical engineers are largely determined by individual choices, a decided advantage in a changing world.
Mechanics, energy and heat, mathematics, engineering sciences, design and manufacturing form the foundation of mechanical engineering. Mechanics includes fluids, ranging from still water to hypersonic gases flowing around a space vehicle; it involves the motion of anything from a particle to a machine or complex structure.
- Bachelor of Architecture
- BS in Artificial Intelligence
- BS in Chemical Engineering
- BS in Civil & Infrastructure Engineering
- BS in Computer Engineering
- BS in Computer Science
- BS in Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- BS in Electrical Engineering
- BS in Electronics & Communications Engineering
- BS in Industrial Engineering
- BA in Interior Design
- BS in Mechanical Engineering
- BS in Petroleum Engineering
- Master of Science in Engineering Project Management
- Master in Infrastructure Engineering
- Master of Science in Sustainable and Renewable Energy
The Bachelor of Science in the mechanical engineering program at the American University of Ras Al Khaimah (AURAK) educates students to become qualified engineers who are capable of generating effective solutions by using engineering approaches in the field of mechanical engineering. The graduates of the program will be well versed in technology and in social and environmental issues.
To fulfill this mission, the program provides the undergraduate student with a thorough foundation in the basic tenets of mechanical engineering and technologies, and a broad introduction into machine design, engineering materials, thermal sciences, energy and environment protection and mechanical systems. The program provides a strong background for graduate study in the diverse areas branching out of the mechanical engineering field. The technical focus is complemented with topics in general education leading to a well-rounded member of the global society.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
A few years after earning their degree, our graduates will:
- Take leadership positions in energy and industrial sectors in response to regional and global market needs.
- Pursue higher education, research and development, and/or other creative and innovative efforts in science, engineering and technology.
- Create start-up companies that provide creative products and services for industry and society.
Program Learning Outcomes
Graduates of the program will have the ability to:
- Identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics
- Apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors
- Communicate effectively with a range of audiences
- Recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts
- Function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives
- Develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions
- Acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies
Enrollment and Graduation Data
|NUMBER OF ENROLLED STUDENTS|
|Fall 2022 (Census: September)||37|
|Spring 2022 (Census: February)
|Fall 2021 (Census: September)||41|
|Spring 2021 (Census: February)||39|
|Fall 2020 (Census: September)||46|
|NUMBER OF GRADUATES|
|Fall 2021||Spring 2022||Summer I 2022||Summer II 2022||Bachelor’s Degrees Awarded
|Fall 2020||Spring 2021||Summer I 2021||Summer II 2021||Bachelor’s Degrees Awarded
Jobs directly related to your degree include:
- Aerospace engineer
- Automotive engineer
- Contracting civil engineer
- Control and instrumentation engineer
- Maintenance engineer
- Mechanical engineer
Jobs where your degree would be useful include:
- Corporate investment banker
- Mining engineer
- Patent attorney
- Production manager
- Technical sales engineer
- Water engineer
Bachelor in Architecture
Architecture is both the process and the product of planning, designing, and constructing buildings and other physical structures.
Chemical engineering is a broad multi-disciplinary branch of engineering that combines the knowledge of mathematics and science – particularly chemistry...