⇒ Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering
⇒ 4 Years (8 Semesters)
⇒ 133 Credit Hours
Mechanical Engineering is the discipline that applies the principles of engineering, physics, and materials science for the design, analysis, manufacturing, and maintenance of mechanical systems.
Jobs directly related to your degree include:
- Aerospace engineer
- Automotive engineer
- Contracting civil engineer
- Control and instrumentation engineer
- Maintenance engineer
- Mechanical engineer
Jobs where your degree would be useful include:
- Corporate investment banker
- Mining engineer
- Patent attorney
- Production manager
- Technical sales engineer
- Water engineer
The Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering program at the American University of Ras Al Khaimah (AURAK) educates students to become qualified engineers who are capable of generating effective solutions by using engineering approaches in the field of Mechanical Engineering. The graduates of the program will be well versed in technology and in social and environmental issues.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
Mechanical engineering alumni after a few years of their graduation will:
- Take leadership positions in the UAE energy and industrial sectors.
- Pursue advanced education, research and development, and / or other creative and innovative efforts in science, engineering and technology.
- Be part of the teams that start companies towards providing new products and services for the society and industry.
- Become team leaders and managers that provide creative solutions to improve products and services taking into account locat and global market needs.
AURAK has adopted ABET’s a-k outcomes for Mechanical Engineering Program. The outcomes for program are:
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering.
- An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as analyze and interpret data.
- An ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability.
- An ability to function effectively as multi-disciplinary teams.
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems.
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility.
- An ability to communicate effectively;
- The broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global and societal context.
- A recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning.
- A knowledge of contemporary issues
- An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice;
Enrollment and Graduation Data
- Fall 2017 Total Number of Mechanical Engineering Students – 68
- Spring 2017 Total Number of Mechanical Engineering Students – 60
- Fall 2016 Total Number of Mechanical Engineering Students – 58
- Total Number of Graduated Mechanical Engineering Students (up to Summer 2017) – 5
Civil engineering is a professional engineering discipline that deals with the design, construction, and maintenance of the physical and naturally built environment…
Computer Science deals with the theory and methods of processing information in digital computers, the design of computer hardware and software, and the applications of computers…
Electrical Engineering is the branch of engineering that deals with the technology of electricity, in terms of the design and application of circuitry and equipment for power generation and distribution…
Industrial Engineering is a branch of engineering which deals with the optimization of complex processes or systems. Industrial engineers work to eliminate waste of time, money…
Mechanical Engineering is the discipline that applies the principles of engineering, physics, and materials science for the design, analysis, manufacturing, and maintenance…
Energy is a key component in modern civilization. Since the drilling of the first commercial oil well in 1858, petroleum engineers and geoscientists engineers have supplied the world with…