BS in Petroleum Engineering
The Bachelor of Science in Petroleum Engineering program (PENG) was established in 2014 and started accepting students in Fall 2014. Over thirty students are currently enrolled in this program.
The PENG program is a unique four-year undergraduate program. The program covers areas of global issues, multidisciplinary problem solving and system analysis components across its curriculum to solve society and industrial most challenging problems. In addition, the program closely matches local professional opportunities and the direction of professions in petroleum engineering.
The Petroleum Engineering program has 132 credit hours over the duration of eight semesters including three credit hours of internship program. The curriculum of the program covers reservoir production and drilling engineering. The program was prepared by taking into consideration criteria set by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET) and the Commission for Academic Accreditation (CAA) at the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research, United Arab of Emirates.
The Petroleum Engineering program has very well-equipped laboratories. Some of these laboratories enable the students to visualize the various petroleum processes and how they are interrelated. Likewise, the program has advanced computation facilities, and the computation laboratories are equipped with a number of simulation software that is used by the students to enhance their understanding of the various petroleum engineering processes.
The Petroleum Engineering faculty members have graduated from top universities in the world and their expertise covers a broad range of technical areas, including reservoir engineering, drilling engineering, geothermal reservoir engineering, and reservoir economic evaluation.
- Bachelor of Architecture
- BS in Chemical Engineering
- BS in Civil & Infrastructure Engineering
- BS in Computer Engineering
- BS in Computer Science
- BS in Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- BS in Electrical Engineering
- BS in Electronics & Communications Engineering
- BS in Industrial Engineering
- BS in Mechanical Engineering
- BS in Petroleum Engineering
- Master of Science in Engineering Project Management
- BA in Interior Design
- BS in Artificial Intelligence
- Master in Infrastructure Engineering
- Master of Science in Sustainable and Renewable Energy
The Bachelor of Science in Petroleum Engineering program at AURAK educates students to become qualified engineers who are capable of generating effective solutions by using engineering approaches in the field of Petroleum Engineering. The graduates of the program will be well versed in technology and social and environmental issues.
To fulfill this mission, the program provides the undergraduate student with a thorough foundation in the basic tenets of Petroleum Engineering and technologies and a broad introduction into geophysics, petroleum geology, fluid properties, formation evaluation, drilling, reservoir engineering and simulation, artificial lift systems, completions, oil and gas facilities engineering. The program provides a strong background for graduate study in the diverse areas branching out of the Petroleum Engineering field. The technical focus is complemented with topics in general education leading to a well-rounded member of a global society.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
The Bachelor of Science in Petroleum Engineering program is developed to prepare students with a strong understanding of basic sciences, engineering, and a systematic study of the physical behaviour of oil, water, and gas in porous media, flow lines and surface facilities in order to exploit petroleum resources with maximum economic benefits by natural and enhanced recovery methods.
The Program Educational Objectives (PEOs) of the Bachelor of Science in Petroleum Engineering program describe the career and professional activities that the program prepares graduates to:
- Attain a broad knowledge in petroleum engineering applications in order to achieve critical thinking skills required to design and analyze petroleum engineering problems for maximum economic recovery of oil and gas resources, taking into account safety, environmental and social impacts;
- Pursue life-long learning through training and possible post graduate education, engage in research, and contribute to scientific progressions through participation and leadership in professional organizations; and
- Commit to professional ethics, environmental safety, and public welfare.
Program Learning Outcomes
AURAK has adopted ABET’s a-k student outcomes for the Petroleum Engineering Program. The outcomes for the program are:
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics
- An ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors
- An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences
- An ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts
- An ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives
- An ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions
- An ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.
Enrollment and Graduation Data
|NUMBER OF ENROLLED STUDENTS|
|Spring 2022 (Census: February)
|Fall 2021 (Census: September)||28|
|Spring 2021 (Census: February)||29|
|Fall 2020 (Census: September)||35|
|Spring 2020 (Census: February)||38|
|NUMBER OF GRADUATES|
|Fall 2021||Spring 2022||Summer I 2022||Summer II 2022||Bachelor’s Degrees Awarded
|Fall 2020||Spring 2021||Summer I 2021||Summer II 2021||Bachelor’s Degrees Awarded
Jobs directly related to your degree include:
- Drilling engineer
- Reservoir engineer
- Production engineer
- Well control engineer
- Well completion engineer
- Workover engineer
- Mud engineer
- Environmental engineer
- Geomechanics specialist
- Product/process development scientist
Jobs where your degree would be useful include:
- National oil companies (ADNOC, Saudi Aramco, KNOC (Kuwait), Petronas (Malaysia)
- International oil companies (ExxonMobil, BP, Shell, Chevron)
- Geothermal energy companies (USA, Australia, Iceland, Turkey, Japan)
- Investment banks
- Petro-chemical industries
- Environmental agencies
- Regional and private oil and gas companies all over the world
Bachelor in Architecture
Architecture is both the process and the product of planning, designing, and constructing buildings and other physical structures.
Chemical engineering is a broad multi-disciplinary branch of engineering that combines the knowledge of mathematics and science – particularly chemistry...