Tuition Fee and Scholarship
Undergraduate Transfer Students
Prospective students who have attended other accredited colleges and universities may apply to AURAK as transfer students as long as they fulfill the following criteria:
- Minimum CGPA is 2.0 or higher. If CGPA is below 2.0 but above 1.8, student may be considered for a different program.
- Student is in good standing at their previous institution.
- The academic program is accredited and the institution is licensed by the UAE Ministry of Higher Education (or its equivalent for international students).
- The student submits a detailed course syllabus for each of the courses taken.
Other Undergraduate Transfer Requirements
- The Office of Student Services and Enrollment Management, in consultation with the respective program chairs, determines whether a course completed at another institution is equivalent to a course offered in the particular program for which the student is seeking credit transfer.
- The total number of credits transferred to AURAK shall not exceed 50% of the program requirement.
- The transferred course must offer the same number of credits as the AURAK course to be considered for equivalency and be offered at the same level (upper or lower).
- Transferred credits and grades will not be used in calculating the cumulative grade point average (CGPA).
- Only courses graded as “C “or above are considered for transfer credit.
Graduate Transfer Students
A maximum of six graduate credits from a graduate school at an accredited college/university may be transferred to a program of study at AURAK, subject to program-specific rules and regulations.
- Credits for transfer must be approved by the Dean of the School of Graduate Studies and Research in consultation with the Coordinator of the appropriate graduate degree program according to the guidelines of graduate studies.
- These credits must have been earned not more than five years prior to the transfer, and the student must have earned a grade of B or higher for any graduate-level course that is requested to be transferred.
- Likewise, these credits may not have been used to satisfy requirements for another earned degree. Transfer credit will not be accepted for research or thesis/dissertation work.
- Likewise, these credits may not have been used to satisfy requirements for another earned degree. Transfer credit will not be accepted for research or thesis work.
- Grades earned in transferred courses do not count in the student’s cumulative GPA (CGPA), though transferred credits count toward the cumulative earned hours and may apply towards meeting graduation requirements.
- Applicants must request that credit transfers be reviewed at the time of application.