Dr. Ali Alnoman joined the Department of Computer Science and Engineering at AURAK as an Assistant Professor in 2020. Prior to joining AURAK, he was a professor in the Faculty of Applied Science and Technology at Sheridan College, Canada since 2017. He also joined the Wireless Networks and Communications Research Lab at Ryerson University, Toronto, Canada as a researcher and PhD student in 2015 where he conducted deep research on Energy-Efficient Mobile Networks and IoT Systems. During his PhD studies, he was awarded the Graduate Research Excellence Award for two consecutive years, and the Doctoral Completion Award by Ryerson University, Toronto, Canada. He also served as a Technical Program Committee Member in the IEEE Vehicular Technology Conference in Toronto, 2017. In 2012-2014, he was a lecturer in the Department of Computer Engineering at Tishik University, Erbil, Iraq. His research interests include machine learning, IoT, energy efficiency, smart communication systems, and cloud-edge computing.
- PhD, Electrical and Computer Engineering, Ryerson University, Toronto, Canada, 2019
- M.Sc., Electronics and Communications Engineering, University of Baghdad, Iraq, 2012
- B.Sc., Electrical Engineering, University of Baghdad, 2009
Research & Publications
- Alnoman, “Machine Learning-Based Task Clustering for Enhanced Virtual Machine Utilization in Edge Computing”, IEEE Canadian Conference on Electrical and Computer Engineering, 2020.
- Alnoman, “Supporting Delay-Sensitive IoT Applications: A Machine Learning Approach”, IEEE Canadian Conference on Electrical and Computer Engineering, 2020.
- Alnoman, S. K. Sharma, W. Ejaz, and A. Anpalagan, “Emerging Edge Computing Technologies for Distributed IoT Systems,” IEEE Network, 2019.
- Alnoman, S. Erkucuk, and A. Anpalagan, “Sparse Code Multiple Access-based Edge Computing for IoT Systems,” IEEE Internet of Things Journal, 2019.
- Alnoman and A. Anpalagan, “Computing-Aware Base Station Sleeping Mechanism in H-CRAN-Cloud-Edge Networks,” IEEE Transactions on Cloud Computing, 2019.
- Alnoman and A. Anpalagan, “ A SDN-assisted Energy Saving Scheme for Cooperative Edge Computing Networks”, IEEE GLOBECOM, 2019.
- Alnoman, G. Carvalho, A. Anpalagan, and I. Woungang “Energy Efficiency on Fully Cloudified Mobile Networks: Survey, Challenges, and Open Issues,” IEEE Communication Surveys & Tutorials, vol. 20, no. 2, 2nd quart. 2018.
- Alnoman and A. Anpalagan, “Towards the Fullfulment of 5G Network Requirements: Technologies and Challenges,” Telecommunication Systems (Springer), vol. 65, no. 1, pp. 101-116, May 2017.
- Alnoman and A. Anpalagan, “On Base Station Sleeping for Heterogeneous Cloud- Fog Computing Networks,” in IEEE 29th Biennial Symposium on communications (BSC), Toronto, 2018, pp. 1-4.
- Alnoman and A. Anpalagan, “A Dynamic Priority Service Provision Scheme for Delay-Sensitive Applications in Fog Computing,” in IEEE 29th Biennial Symposium on communications (BSC), Toronto, 2018, pp. 1-5.
- Alnoman, L. Ferdouse, and A. Anpalagan, “Fuzzy-Based Joint User Association and Resource Allocation in HetNets,” in IEEE 86th Vehicular Technology Conference, Toronto, Sep. 2017, pp. 1-5.