January 18, 2021,
The Department of Architecture at the American University of Ras Al Khaimah held the Final Jury Week from Dec. 6, 2021 to Dec. 9, 2021, which is a biannual event held at the end of each semester to present the students’ projects.
During day 1 of the Final Jury Week, the students designed and presented a three-dimensional nine architectonic composition of spaces in Basic Design 1 on their project: Nine Square Matrix”. In addition, the students presented their projects in Architectural Design Studio 1 covering the topic of “Beach House in Al Marjan Island – RAK”, and Interior Design Studio 1 covering the topic of “Designing a small scale residential project meeting space functional requirements and users’ needs”.
The jury members from AURAK were Mr. Tawfiq Abu Hantash, Dr. Eman Assi, Prof. Amer Rghei, Dr. Eka Sediadi, Dr. Liudmila Cazacova and Ms. Kim Bennett. In addition to external jury members from Ajman University: Dr. Nashwa Shiqwarah and Arch. Jamal Hamsho.
In day 2 of the Final Jury Week, the students presented their projects in Landscape Architecture covering the topic of “AURAK Green Campus”. The jury members from AURAK were: Prof. Amer Rghei and Dr. Eman Assi.
In addition, day 2 included a campus tour for visitors from GEMS Westminster School in Ras Al Khaimah. The campus tour was led by Mr. Perry Fernandes, and included visiting several facilities and activities in AURAK campus such as;
- The new Saqr Library with introduction and the library services by the Library Director Mr. Mohamed Taysir Darwish
- Tour in the buildings of School of Business, School of Arts and Sciences and School of Engineering including the Gym and the Student Center. In addition to the University Administration buildings.
- The Innovation Lab at ICONET with activities including NAO Robot by Engr. Amal Almasri
- The Space Lab at ICONET with introduction about MeznSat by Engr. Shadi Ben Abderrahman
- The Model and Printing Lab at Architecture with activity in model assembling using laser cutter and introduction about the 3D printer and plotters.
- Tour in the Architecture Gallery Room and studios including presentation about the models and projects by Engr. Inshirah Shublaq
- Walk in to the jury on Landscape Architecture, where students were defending their projects.
In day 3 of the Final Jury Week, the students presented their projects in Architectural Design Studio 3 covering the topic of “Corporate Training Center in Ras Al Khaimah”, Architectural Design Studio 5 covering the topic of “Museum Design in AURAK” Architectural Design Studio 7 covering the topic of “Urban Regeneration of Ras Al Khaimah Old Center”.
The jury members from AURAK were: Dr. Fathia Elmenghawi, Dr. Anis Semlali, Dr. Liudmila Cazacova and Engr. Abeer Abu Raed. The external jury members were: Dr. Linsey Thomson from Harriot Watt University in Dubai and the Advisory Board of the Architecture Council, in addition to Dr. Muna Salameh and Dr. Nashwa Shiqwarah from Ajman University, and Dr. Sahera Blaibleh from UAE University.
The last day, day 4 of the Final Jury Week, the students presented their Graduation Project Thesis Research for which each student was working independently on a selected topic.
The jury members were all the faculty of the Department of Architecture at AURAK: Dr. Liudmila Cazacova, Prof. Amer Rghei, Dr. Eka Sediadi, Dr. Fathia Elmenghawi, Dr. Eman Assi, Dr. Tawfiq Abuhantash, Dr. Anis Semlali, Engr. Abeer Abu Raed and Ms. Kim Bennet. In addition to international virtual jury member: Dr. Balkiz Yapicioglu, ARUCAD, Cyprus.
We are happy to extend an open invitation at the end of each semester to all the high school students, families and interested officials, who now have the chance to visit AURAK campus, view student’s critique, project exhibition, and state of the art facilities. To reserve your spot for the upcoming Final Jury Week on June 2022, please send us an email to (firstname.lastname@example.org).