General Education Program
General Education Programs
The Business English training program aims to develop the language skills needed in a professional work environment, covering the core skills of grammar, writing, speaking, and listening. The course includes a comprehensive syllabus, interactive multimedia materials, expert tips and advice. Student assessment is continuous throughout the course, in addition to consulting, advising and grading, which provide a more complete evaluation of the learning process.
Course is for a duration of 24 hours.
- Read contemporary articles for meaning and specific information.
- Read articles and reports and interpret writer’s viewpoint.
- Identify genre, register, tone and attitude in a written text.
- Use reading texts to find evidence to support written arguments.
- Write accurately for a variety of purposes and contexts.
- Write clear, detailed text on a wide variety of subjects.
- Write essays or reports using researched evidence to support their points.
- Write different forms of communication to deliver an accurate message.
- Write to convey information in a clear and structured manner.
- Use a variety of genres to convey opinion and reasons.
- Understand extended speech on a wide variety of topics.
- Interpret indications of tone and register.
- Interpret opinions expressed in listening texts.
- Use a wide variety of listening tasks as a basis for extended discussion.
- Follow extended lines of argument on familiar topics.
- Interact with native speakers.
- Take an active part in discussions on familiar topics.
- Present information and descriptions on a wide range of topics.
- Explain a viewpoint on a topical issue, giving reasons.
- Use stress, rhythm and intonation to convey meaning.
- Explain the reasons for decisions they have made.