Abdelazim is currently a Professor in the Department of Management, School of Business at the American University of Ras Al Khaimah (AURAK). He received his Ph.D. in 2009 in Management Information systems from the University of Khartoum. He earned a MSc at school of mathematical sciences at the same university. He completed a B.Sc. with first degree Honors (Excellence award) in Computer Sciences in 1991.
During his graduate studies, Dr. Azim worked as a teaching assistant for various courses from the freshman to graduate levels and had the opportunity to develop his skills as an educator. He also worked at several universities within UAE including American University of Ras Al Khaimah, Ajman University, Emirates Canadian University College, UAQU, IA Studies College, and al Ghurair University.
He was a member of the academic council and the head of the UAQU community engagement committee for more than 2 years. Moreover, Dr Azim was an active member of teams who successfully transferred 2 of the colleges into recognized universities within UAE.
He worked with Dubai Government in e-Marketing field for 14 years in many positions within DWTA and RTA, where he was a member of RTA Smart Government Committee. Achievements included the DGEP Excellence Award in 2009 and once again in 2014, SM international awards in 2012, Internet site for people who are Visually Impaired.
He founded the Governmental Social Media Program in 2008 and established a system of using Social Media as a tool for measuring community response to the public services. During the years 2009 through 2011, the SM of RTA has been selected the best Government SM Program by Dubai Smart Government official magazine “e4All” for many times as. Accordingly, in February 2012, the RTA bagged the Middle East Internet Award as the best government entity.
Dr. Azim’s research interest includes MIS, Data Science, and Business Analytics. Mainly, interested in the design and analysis of human-computer interaction (HCI), business applications analytics, fuzzy data statistics, AI and Data analysis in applied fields.
- PhD. Computer Sciences (MIS), School of Mathematical Sciences, U of K.
- Masters of Sc. Computer Sciences, School of Mathematical sciences, U of K.
- B.Sc. with first degree Honors in Computer Sciences, School of Mathematical sciences, University of Khartoum.
- Krishna and A. Hamid, Statistical Evaluation of Marketing Campaigns & Audience KPIs Measurement, RTA, 2012
- Afifi and A. Hamid, Social Media Engagement-Building Strategy, RTA, 2011
- Hamid, Government using of Social Media, Dubai e-Gov Magazine, 2010
- Hamid, Visually Impaired Website Design & Implementation, RTA, 2009
- Hussein Hamid and E. Babikr, Implementation of Arabic Object-Oriented Programming Language, U of K computer Centre, 1996
- Hussein Hamid, Comparative Study for Programming Languages, U of K computer Centre, 1995