Dr. Adrian Cazan is an Assistant Professor in Mechanical Engineering in the Mechanical and Industrial Engineering Department. Prior to joining AURAK, Dr. Adrian Cazan taught undergraduate courses in KSA and undergraduate, as well as post-graduate, courses in London (UK). In addition, Dr. Adrian Cazan has been an internal PhD examiner and supervised PhD research programs at University of East London. He has been a reviewer for the Journal of Engineering Tribology, and has industrial experience working in different industrial positions such as Technological Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, Design and Research Engineer, Quality Engineer, and Manager of the maintenance department of a Petro-Chemical Company.
He achieved a PhD in Advanced Mechanics and Applied Mathematics from Kingston University, UK in 2002, an MSc and DIC in Applied Mathematics from Imperial College, UK in 2011, an MSc in Advanced Manufacturing Systems from Kingston University, UK in 1992, and a Diploma for Engineering in Mechanics (5 years course) from Transylvania University, Romania in 1983.
Dr. Adrian Cazan’s research specialized in the area of gas bearings stability was involved with Dr. Ramsey Gohar (Imperial College) in researching the stability of Externally Pressurized Gas Bearings. He has been mentioned in two books, and he has published thirteen journal and conference papers.
Research work referred in Published Books:
- Edited by Rahnejat H., `Tribology and dynamics of engine and powertrain: Fundamentals, applications and future trends`, Loughborough University, UK, Woodhead Publishing Limited, ISBN-13: 978-1845693619, ISBN-10: 1845693612, September 2010
- Ramsey G., Homer R., `Fundamentals of tribology`, Imperial College Press, UK, ISBN-13: 978-1-84816-184-9, ISBN-10: 1848161840, 2008.
- Adnan, A., Cazan, A., Safa, M., Lung, A.W.M., Muppala,S.(2014) ‘The Application of Theory of Constraints in Manufacturing Outsourcing’ International Journal of Enhanced Research in Science Technology & Engineering, ISS No. 2319-7463, Vol.3. Issue 4, pp 1-13, April 2014.
- Adnan, A., Cazan, A., Safa, M., Lung, A.W.M., Williams, G. (2009), ‘Evaluation of Potential Manufacturing Suppliers Using Analytical Hierarchy Process and Cluster Analysis Benchmarking’, Computer Science Journals (CSC Journals): International Journal of Security, Vol.3.Issue.3. pp.35-47.
- Adnan, G. Williams, S. Arunachalam, & A. Cazan, J. Arreymbi `Communication Systems for Successful Outsourcing – Game Theory Perspective`, Open Source publication on Communication Networks and Electronic Security – Journal for ICT security synergy . Volume 2 Issue 2. Copyright 2007 AICE Foundation ISSN: 1746-8558.
- Cazan, A., Safa, M., Gohar, R. (2002), `Mixed configuration Externally Pressurised Gas Bearing`, Proceedings of the I MECH E, Part K, Journal of Multi Body Dynamics, Vol 216, No. 2, June, p. 181-189.
Peer reviewed Conferences articles
- Adnan, A., Gyan, K.S., Safa, M., Cazan, A., Lung, A.W.M., Muppala, S. (2012), ‘Application of Analytical Hierarchy Process for the Selection of Outsourcees (Suppliers) for a Ghanaian Gold Mining Company’, Advances in Computing and Technology 7th Annual Conference, London.UK.
- Adnan, A., Cazan, A., Safa, M., Lung, A.W.M. (2009), ‘Guidelines for Benchmarking and Manufacturing Level Agreement for outsourcing’, Advances in Computing and Technology 4th Annual Conference, London.UK. pp.206-214.
- Adnan, A., Arunachalam, S., Cazan, A., Arreymbi, J., Webb, P.A. (2008a), ‘Developing an outsourcing Questionnaire: Validation Study’, Advances in Computing and Technology 3rd Annual Conference, London.UK. pp.108-118.
- Adnan, A., Arunachalam, S., Cazan, A. (2007f), ‘Taxonomy And Frameworks for Improving Outsourcing Operations’, The International conference on Information Society, October 7-11, 2007, Merrillville, Indiana, USA.pp.212.
- Adnan, A., Arunachalam, S., Cazan, A. (2007e), ‘Improving Outsourcing Operations by Integrating Outsourcing Determinant Index & Outsourcing Cycle Effectiveness’, The International conference on Information Society, October 7-11, 2007, Merrillville, Indiana, USA.pp.207-211.
- Adnan, G. Williams, S. Arunachalam, A. Cazan & J. Arreymbi (2007d), ‘Analysing Communication System For Successful Outsourcing – Game Theory Perspective’, 3rd International Conference on Advances in Information and Communication Engineering, Novotel.London.UK. pp.4-10.
- Adnan, A., Arunachalam, S., Cazan, A. (2007c), ‘Improving Outsourcing of Manufacturing Operations By Integrating With Theory of Constraints’, 5th International Conference on Manufacturing Research, De Montfort University.Leicester.UK. pp.191-195.
- Adnan, A., Arunachalam, S., Cazan, A. (2007b), ‘The Importance of Secured Internet in World Class Outsourcing’, International Conference for Internet Technology and Secured Transactions, University of East London. London.UK. pp.123-124.
- Cazan, A., Safa, M., Gohar, R. (2000), `High stability Externally Pressurised Gas Bearing`, Advances in Manufacturing Technology, Proceedings of the Sixteen National Conference on Manufacturing Research, UEL, September, p.309-314.