Dr. AHMED A.A. AL SHARIF is an Assistant Professor of Industrial and Mechanical Engineering at AURAK and MEPM program coordinator. Al Sharif received his Ph.D. and MSc in Engineering Management from Missouri University of Science and Technology, USA, received his Bachelor degrees in Mechanical Engineering from University of Tripoli, Libya, and his MBA from the Graduate Studies Academy, Libya. His research interests are in the areas of operation research, optimization under uncertainty, and real options analysis with application in supply chain management, supply chain contracts, transportation, risk management and pricing. Research tools mathematical modeling, dynamic programming, game theory, stochastic modeling and simulation.
- Sihab Uddin, Al sharif A.A.A., “Integrating Internet of Things with Maintenance Spare Parts’ Supply Chain.” In proceedings of the 5th International Conference on Electronic Devices, Systems and Applications (ICEDSA-2016). IEEE conference.
- Al sharif A A A, R. Qin. 2015. “Double-sided price adjustment flexibility with a preemptive right to exercise.” Annals of Operations Research (Springer). DOI: 10.1007/s 10479-014-1659-6.[Full text]
- Al sharif A A A, R. Qin. 2014. “Valuation of lease contracts with a price adjustment option: An application to the maritime transport industry.” The Engineering Economist (Taylor & Francis) 59(1): 30-54. Also featured in IE Magazine 46(6).[Full text]
- Al sharif A A A, “Electronic management: Its concept and effects.” In proceedings of the Third Arab Conference of Industrial Information and Networks, Syria. 2007.
- Al sharif A A A, et al, 2005, “Module control system’s concept in plant machines design.” Industrial Research Center Journal.
- Al sharif A A A, “Automation and information technology: The challenge to Libyan industry’s future.” In proceedings of Future Industry Conference, Libya. 2005.
- Al sharif A A A, “Flexible manufacturing systems.” In proceedings of the 3rd Arab Conference for Electronics Communications & Software, Tunisia. 2000.
- Al sharif A A A, et al, 1998, “Machine parts design and manufacturing.” Industrial Research Center Journal.