Dr. Ahmed A. Al Sharif is an Assistant Professor of Industrial and Mechanical Engineering at AURAK and the Masters of Engineering Program Management Coordinator.
Dr. Al Sharif received his Ph.D. in Engineering Management and System Engineering in 2013 and MSc in Engineering Management in 2012 from Missouri University of Science and Technology of Rolla, Missouri, USA. In 2011 he earned two graduate certificates in Project Management and Financial Engineering from the same institution. He received his Master of Business Administration in Management and Organization from the Academy of Higher Studies, Tripoli, Libya in 2004. He earned his Bachelor degrees in Mechanical Engineering from University of Tripoli, Libya in 1989.
- H Al-Mawali, A Al Sharif, GA Rumman, F Kerzan. 2018. “Environmental strategy, environmental management accounting and organizational performance: evidence from the United Arab Emirates market.” Journal of Environmental Accounting and Management 6 (2), 105-114 DOI: 10.5890/JEAM.2018.06.002
- Sihab Uddin, Al sharif A A A. 2016. “Integrating internet of things with maintenance spare parts’ supply chain.” 5th International Conference on Electronic Devices, Systems and Applications ICEDSA 2016 IEEE,
- Al Sharif A A A, R. Qin. 2015. “Double-sided price adjustment flexibility with a preemptive right to exercise.” Annals of Operations Research (Springer). DOI: 10.1007/s 10479-014-1659-6.
- Al Sharif A A A, R. Qin. 2014. “Valuation of lease contracts with a price adjustment option: An application to the maritime transport industry.” The Engineering Economist (Taylor & Francis) 59(1): 30-54. Featured in IE Magazine 46(6).
- Al Sharif A A A, 2007, “Electronic management: Its concept and effects.” In proceedings of the Third Arab Conference of Industrial Information and Networks, Syria..
- Al Sharif A A A, et al, 2005, “Module control system’s concept in plant machines design.” Industrial Research Center Journal.
- Al Sharif A A A, 2005, “Automation and information technology: The challenge to Libyan industry’s future.” In proceedings of Future Industry Conference, Libya..
- Al Sharif A A A, 2000, “Flexible manufacturing systems: A different prospective” In proceedings of the 3rd Arab Conference for Electronics Communications & Software, Tunisia.
- Al Sharif A A A, et al, 1998, “Machine parts design and manufacturing.” Industrial Research Center Journal.
Papers to Be Submitted
- Al Sharif A.A. “Adoption of a quality assurance scheme and its effect on project performance: A study of UAE firms implementing ISO 9000” To be submitted to International Transactions in Operational Research
- Al Sharif A.A.A., R. Qin. “Double-sided price adjustment flexibility contracts with a non-preemptive right to exercise: An application in supply chain management.” To be submitted to Manufacturing and Service Operations Management (INFORMS).
- Al Sharif A.A. Mousa Muhsen “MCDA system-level risk assessment framework for innovative pioneering projects: Application in the Autonomous Aerial Vehicles passenger transport system.” To be submitted to Transportation Research Part C: Emerging Technologies.