Dr Atif Saleem Butt is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Management, teaching management courses to the undergraduate, MBA and EMBA classes. Before joining AURAK, he was employed as a Sessional Lecturer at Deakin University, School of Management and Marketing. He has also worked as a Research Assistant at Monash University, Department of Management on a project entitled “Process Innovation in Australian Manufacturing Sector.” He has also held the position of Supply Chain Coordinator at Orridge and Co. Ltd. in England.
Dr. Atif was awarded a Faculty Postgraduate Research Scholarship to attend Monash University, Australia, and earned his PhD in Management in 2016.
Dr. Atif’s research interests include behavioural operations and supply chain management, especially in regards as to how supply chain behavior is influenced by personal relationships between managers across different firms. He has presented research at the Australia and New Zealand Academy of Management (ANZAM) conference and has published papers in well-regarded journals, including The Journal of Developing Areas and Management Research Review and International Public Management Journal among others.
Peer Reviewed Journal Articles
- Butt, A.S. (forthcoming). Top-down Knowledge Hiding in Buying and Supplying Firms, International Journal of Services and Operations Management [SJR Q2; CiteScore 0.79 & ABDC ‘C’]
- Ahmad B. A., Liu B., & Butt, A.S. (in-press). Predictors and Outcomes of Recipients’ Change Proactivity in Public Organizations of the Kurdistan Region of Iraq, International Public Management Journal. [IF 2.73; SJR Q1; CiteScore 2.12 & ABDC ‘C’]
- Butt, A.S. (in-press). Personal Relationships in Supply Chains, International Journal of Integrated Supply Management. [SJR Q3; CiteScore 0.76 & ABDC ‘C’] https://www.inderscience.com/info/ingeneral/forthcoming.php?jcode=ijism
- Butt, A.S., Sohal, A.S & Prajogo I. (2019). Personal Relationships and Loyalty in Supply Chain, The Journal of Developing Areas, 53 (3), 239-246 [ABDC ‘B’]. https://muse.jhu.edu/article/715381
- Butt, A.S. (2018). Guanxi and Intra-organizational Conflicts: Evidence from Chinese Logistics Industry, Management Research Review [SJR Q2; CiteScore 1.23 & ABDC ‘C’] https://www.emeraldinsight.com/doi/abs/10.1108/MRR-05-2018-0193
- Butt, A.S. (2018). Personal Relationships and Higher Agency Costs: Study of Buyers and Suppliers in Australian Manufacturing and Service Sector, Operations and Supply Chain Management: An International Journal, 11 (3), 140 – 150. [Scopus, ESCI & ABDC ‘C’] DOI:10.31387/oscm0320210 https://www.emeraldinsight.com/doi/abs/10.1108/MRR-05-2018-0193
Referred Conference Proceedings and Presentations
- Butt, A.S. (2016). Personal Relationships in Supply Chains: An Agency Theory Perspective, Findings and Contribution, Accepted to be presented at the 30th Australia and New Zealand Academy of Management Conference – Brisbane, 6-9 December.
- Butt, A.S., SohalS., (2015). Personal Relationships in Supply Chains: An Agency Theory Perspective: Preliminary Findings, Accepted to be presented at the 29th Australia and New Zealand Academy of Management Conference – Queenstown, 2-4 December.
- Butt, A.S., SohalS., (2015). Personal Relationships in Supply Chains, A Systematic Literature Review, Accepted to be presented at the 13th Australia and New Zealand Academy of Management Operations, Supply Chain and Services Management Symposium – Melbourne, 31st May -2nd June.