Dr. Kadhim Al Amara
|Title:||Assistant Professor – Industrial Engineering|
|School:||School of Engineering|
|Department:||Mechanical and Industrial Engineering Department|
|Phone:||+971 7 246 8747|
Dr. Kadhim Al amara received his PhD, Master and Bachelor Degrees all from Swinburne University of Technology, VIC, Australia. The PhD is in the area of surface and coating technology using thermal spray process, the Master of Engineering is in Advanced Manufacturing Technologies with (Honours) and his Bachelor Degree is in Mechanical Engineering.
Dr. Kadhim Al amara joined the American University of Ras Al Khaimah, UAE in Fall 2019 as an assistant professor in the Mechanical and Industrial Engineering Department. Brior to that he was teaching in University of Sharjah in UAE and in Swinburne of Technology in Australaia.
His research interest was in the area thermal spray coating, CAD/CAM, characteristics, microstructure and properties of coatings and materials, Rapid prototype of 3D printing and FDM as well as in the area of Bio-fuel production from plastic waste.
- Doctor of Philosophy (Surface and Coating Technology), Faculty of Engineering and Industrial Science, Swinburne University of Technology, VIC, Australia, 2012
- Master of Engineering (Advanced Manufacturing Technology) (Honours), Faculty of Engineering and Industrial Science, Swinburne University of Technology, VIC, Australia, 2007
- Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical Engineering), Faculty of Engineering and Industrial Science, Swinburne University of Technology, VIC, Australia, 2000
- Chaouki Ghenai, Kadhim Alamara, Abrar Inayat; “Solar Assisted Pyrolysis of Plastic Waste: Pyrolysis oil Characterization and Grid-Tied Solar PV Power System Design”; Energy Procedia; 159 (2019) 123–129.
- Mahdi Zolghadri, Saeed Saber-Samandari, Sara Ahmadi, Kadhim Alamara; Synthesis and characterization of porous cytococompatible scaffolds from polyvinyl alcohol-chitosan, Bulletin of Materials Science, Manuscript Number: BOMS-D-18-00058R2, Submitted.
- Saber-Samandari, S. Baradaran, B. Nasiri-Tabrizi, K. Alamara and W.J. Basirun, Microstructural evolution and micromechanical properties of thermally sprayed hydroxyapatite coating, Advances In Applied Ceramics, 117 , (2018), 452-460.
- Saeed Saber-Samandari, Saeid Baradaran, Bahman Nasiri-Tabrizi, Kadhim Alamara, Wan Jeffrey Basirun, Severe sink-in occurrence in thermally sprayed hydroxyapatite coating, Processing and Application of Ceramics, 12 , (2018) 189–197.
- Saeed Saber-Samandari, Hamed Yekta, Sara Ahmadi, Kadhim Alamara, The role of titanium dioxide on the morphology, microstructure, and bioactivity of grafted cellulose/hydroxyapatite nanocomposites for a potential application in bone repair, International Journal of Biological Macromolecules, 106, (2018) 481-488.
- Azam Hajinasab, Saeed Saber-Samandari, Sara Ahmadi, Kadhim Alamara, Preparation and characterization of a biocompatible magnetic scaffold for biomedical engineering, Journal of Materials Chemistry and Physics, 204, (2017), 378-387.
- Saeed Saber-Samandari, Kadhim Alamara, Samaneh Saber-Samandari, Calcium phosphate coatings: morphology, micro-structure and mechanical properties, Journal of Ceramics International, 40, (2014), 563–572.
- Saeed Saber-Samandari, Kadhim Alamara, Samaneh Saber-Samandari, Karlis A. Gross, Micro-Raman spectroscopy shows how the coating process affects the characteristics of hydroxylapatite, Journal of Acta Biomaterialia, 9, (2013), 9538–95462.
- Alamara K., Saber-Samandari S., Stoddart P. and Berndt C. C., “Effect of substrate temperature on the splat formation of flame sprayed polypropylene”, Journal of Surface and Coatings Technology, 206, (2011), 1180-1187.
- Alamara K., Saber-Samandari S. and Berndt C. C., “Splat taxonomy of polymeric thermal spray coating”, Journal of Surface and Coatings Technology, 205, (2011), 5028–5034.
- Alamara K., Saber-Samandari S. and Berndt C. C., “Splat formation of polypropylene flame sprayed onto a flat surface”, Journal of Surface and Coatings Technology, 205 , (2010), 2518-2514.
- Masood, S.H., Alamara, K., “Development of scaffold building units and assembly for tissue engineering using fused deposition modelling”, Journal of Advanced Materials Research, Vol 83-86, (2010), 269-274.
- Chaouki Ghenai, Kadhim Alamara; “Solar assisted pyrolysis of plastic waste: pyrolysis oil characterization and grid-tied solar PV power system design”; Applied Energy Symposium and Forum, REM2018: Renewable Energy Integration with Mini/Microgrid; September 28-30, 2018; Rhodes; Greece.
- Alamara K., Saber-Samandari S. and Berndt C. C., “Effect of substrate roughness on splat formation of thermally sprayed polymer”, International Thermal Spray Conference (ITSC), 27-29 Sep 2011, Hamburg, Germany
- Alamara K., and Berndt C. C., “Effect of substrate chemistry on splat formation of thermally sprayed polypropylene”, Pac Rim 9, Cairns, Australia 10-14 July 2011
- Saber-Samandari S., Gross K., Berndt C., Rubanov S., Alamara K., Wang J. “A Morphological Study of Hydroxyapatite Splats Flame-Sprayed onto Commercially Pure Titanium”, International Thermal Spray Conference (ITSC) Proceedings, 3-5 May, 2010-pp 1-5, Singapore
- H. Masood, Kadhim Alamara, Jafar Hasan, “Developments in Scaffold Design and Manufacturing in Tissue Engineering” International Conference on Applications and Design in Mechanical Engineering (ICADME) Proceedings 11 – 13 October 2009, Penang, Malaysia.