Dr. Khaled Hossin
|Title:||Assistant Professor – Mechanical Engineering – Thermal Science|
|School:||School of Engineering|
|Department:||Mechanical and Industrial Engineering Department|
|Phone:||+971 7 246 8749|
Dr. Khaled Hossin is an assistant professor in Mechanical Engineering at the Mechanical and Industrial Engineering Department. Dr. Hossin received a PhD in Mechanical Engineering from Northumbria University, UK in 2017. He also received his MSc and BSc degrees in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Benghazi, Libya.
Prior to joining the American University of Ras Al Khaimah, Dr. Hossin joined the Mechanical Engineering Department at the University of Benghazi as a teaching assistant (2004 – 2008) then served as a lecturer since 2008 at the same Department. He also worked as an adjunct teaching staff member at the High Professional Institute for Trainers Preparation, Benghazi during the period of (2002 – 2008). Furthermore, he served as an associate lecturer at the Mechanical Engineering Department at Northumbria University, UK between 2014 and 2017. In addition to the academic experience, Dr. Hossin worked as a Mechanical Engineer at the Engineering Consultancy Office for Utilities (ECOU) in Benghazi, Libya between 2002 and 2008.
He is a reviewer for numerous International Scientific Journals such as International Journal of Energy and Power Engineering, Solar Energy and Sustainable Development, and Energy, Sustainability and Society. Dr. Hossin is also a member at several national and international scientific and professional bodies such as Libyan Society of Mechanical Engineers (LSME) and Knowledge Center on Organic Rankine Cycle Technology (KCORC).
His research area of interest includes Organic Rankine Cycles, Solar Thermal Systems, Biomass Energy, Thermal Power Plants, and Energy Systems Optimization.
- PhD in Mechanical Engineering, Northumbria University, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK, 2017
- MSc in Mechanical Engineering, University of Benghazi, Benghazi, Libya, 2008
- BSc in Mechanical Engineering, University of Benghazi, Benghazi, Libya, 1999
- Organic Rankine Cycles
- Thermal Power Plants
- Solar Thermal Energy
- Biomass Energy
- Renewable Energy Technologies
- Hossin and B. Mohamed, ‘Thermodynamic Performance Assessment of a 100 kW Geothermal-Driven ORC System under Different Operating Conditions’ 1st International Conference on Smart Innovation and Engineering, Salalah, Oman, April 2021.
- Attia and K. Hossin, ‘Hybrid technique for an efficient PV system through intelligent MPPT and water cooling process’ International Journal of Power Electronics and Drive Systems, vol. 11(4), pp.1835-1843, 2020.
- Hossin, K. Mahkamov, and B. Belgasim, ‘Thermodynamic Analysis and Sizing of a Small Scale Solar Thermal Power System Based on Organic Rankine Cycle’ International Journal of Environment and Sustainable Development, vol. 8(3), pp.493-506, 2020.
- Elshabli, G. Hashem, and K. Hossin, ‘Assessment of the Potential for Hydrogen Production from Renewable Resources in Libya’ 2020 Advances in Science and Engineering Technology International Conferences (ASET), Dubai, UAE, February 2019.
- Attia and K. Hossin, ‘Integrated Renewable PV System through Artificial Neural Network Based MPPT and Water Cooling Treatment’ International Conference on Electrical and Computing Technologies and Applications (ICECTA), Ras Al Khaimah, UAE, November 2019.
- Hossin, K. Mahkamov, B. Belgasim, ‘Feasibility Analysis of a Small Scale Solar Thermal Power System Based on ORC’ International Conference on Energy, Water & Environmental Sciences, Ras Al Khaimah, UAE, November 2018.
- RahmatAllah, S. Balhasan, K. Hossin, F. Al Ali, S. Al-Mansori, E. Al-Zalzalah, A. Kamal, N. Ahmad, ‘A Review of Water Shutoff Treatment Methods in Oil Fields’ International Conference on Energy, Water & Environmental Sciences, Ras Al Khaimah, UAE, November 2018.
- Belgasim, Y. Aldali, M. Abdunnabi, G. Hashem, and K. Hossin, ‘The Potential of Concentrating Solar Power (CSP) for Electricity Generation in Libya’ Renewable & Sustainable Energy Reviews, vol. 90, pp.1-15, 2018.
- Abdunnabi, B. Belgasim, K. Hossin and R. Mathkor ‘Design of CSP plants for desalination in Libya’ Technical Report, STAGE-STE Project in partnership with Cranfield University & CSERS, March, 2018
- Hossin, K. Mahkamov, B. Belgasim, G. Hashem and N. Elsharif, ‘Thermodynamic performance investigation of a small-scale hybrid solar-biomass power system based on organic Rankine cycle’ International Research Conference on Sustainable Energy, Engineering, Material and Environment, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK, July 2017.
- Elsharif, K. Mahkamov, K. Hossin and G. Hashem, ‘Enhancing the performance of a multi-effect solar water still using evaporation pressure self-reduction technique’ International Research Conference on Sustainable Energy, Engineering, Material and Environment, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK, July 2017.
- Al-Maghalseh, R. Sarraj, S. Alqam, M. Hirbawi and K. Hossin, ‘Techno-Economic Feasibility Study of Biogas Based Power Plant: Bethlehem Perspective’ International Research Conference on Sustainable Energy, Engineering, Material and Environment, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK, July 2017.
- Mahkamov, Gamal Hashem, B. Belgasim, K. Hossin and I. Mahkhamova ‘Parametric analysis of a dynamic solar cooling system based on a liquid piston converter’, The 17th International Stirling Engine Conference and Exhibition, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK, Aug 2016.
- Hossin, K. Mahkamov and G. Hashem, ‘Comparative assessment of working fluids for a low-temperature solar organic Rankine cycle power system’, Conference on Advances in Mechanical Engineering, Istanbul, Turkey, May 2016.
- Latrash, B. Agnew and K. Hossin, ‘Optimal selection of using fluids in organic Rankine cycle at low temperature geothermal and belonging to chemical compositions (HFC, HCFC, HC and mixture)’ Conf. on Advances in Mechanical Engineering, Istanbul, Turkey, May 2016.
- Hossin and K. Mahkamov, ‘Performance evaluation for a 10 kW solar organic Rankine cycle power system to operate in the UK climate conditions’, The European Conference on Sustainability, Energy & the Environment, Brighton, UK, July 2015.
- Hossin and K. Mahkamov, ‘Thermodynamic analysis of an organic Rankine cycle plant operating with the low-temperature solar heat source’, Northumbria Research Conference, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK, May 2015.
- Hossin, K. Mahkamov and B. Belgasim, ‘Dynamic modelling of a small-scale standalone solar organic Rankine cycle system’, 4th International Conference on Nuclear and Renewable Energy Resources, Antalya, Turkey, October 2014.
- Abdel-Moneim and K. Hossin, ‘Exergy analysis of a combined gas/steam turbine cycle with a supercharged boiler’ American Journal of Engineering Research, 2 (12), pp.321-333, 2013