Dr. Liudmila Cazacova
|Title:||Department Chair / Associate Professor, LEED AP® ID+C –Architecture, Interior Design|
|School:||School of Engineering|
|Office:||Bldg. G – 311 A
|Phone:||+971 7 246 8706|
Dr. Liudmila Cazacova is an Associate Professor and the chair of the Department of Architecture at the American University of Ras Al Khaimah (AURAK). She received her PhD in Architecture, Environmental Design and Building Science from European University of Lefke, North Cyprus in 2014. Prior to joining AURAK, Dr. Cazacova held faculty positions at Arkin University of Creative Arts and European University of Lefke in North Cyprus and a chairperson position at Dhofar University in the Sultanate of Oman.
Dr. Cazacova is a LEED (Leadership in Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) Green Associate, US Green Building Council. She is a prominent scholar in heritage conservation, traditional housing and sustainability and continuously conducts research and publishes articles in her field of study. Dr. Cazacova has several publications in peer-reviewed academic journals indexed by Scopus and Thomson Reuters, and a book chapter published by Elsevier. She participated in conferences as a speaker, panel chair and published articles in conferences proceedings. Dr. Cazacova led a funded project (Dhofari Eco-house) in Oman Eco House Design Competition and, currently, is a member of The Hub team (AURAK) that participates in Solar Decathlon Middle East 2020 competition.
- Ph.D. in Architecture, Environmental Design and Building Science, European University of Lefke, Cyprus, June 2014
- MSc and BSc in Industrial and Civil Engineering Design, State Polytechnic University S. Lazo, USSR, 1982.
- BSc in Architecture, College of Constructions, USSR, 1978.
- Cazacova, L., Yapicioglu B., 2019, Built Heritage. In: Sustainable Construction Technologies, edited by Vivian Tam and Khoa Le, [ISBN: 978-0-12-811749-1], pp. 395-442. (Book chapter).
- Cazacova, L., Farhan, M, 2018, ‘Innovative Building Material for the House Construction for Solar Decathlon Middle East 2018 Competition’, MATEC Web of Conferences 249, 0100 (2018), ICMMM 2018, https://doi.org/10.1051/matecconf/20182490100.
- Cazacova, L., 2017, Towards Sustainable Future: Green Courses Imbedded into Higher Education Institutions’ Curriculums, WSEAS Transactions on Environment and Development, [ISSN: 1790-5079/ 2224-3496], Vol. 13(2017), pp.476-486.
- Cazacova, L., 2017, Green Courses and Heritage Conservation for Sustainable Development, International Journal of Environmental Science 2, [ISSN 0976-4402], pp.200-209.
- Yapicioglu, B., Cazacova, L., 2016, The Building as a Statement of an Artefact: The Mijmara, International Journal of Ecology & Development 31/3, [ISSN 0972-9984/0973-7308], pp.99-116.
- Cazacova, L., 2016, Sustainable Built Cultural Heritage Conservation with Cradle to Cradle, International Journal of Energy and Environment 10, [ISSN 2076-2895/2076-2909], pp. 61-69.
- Cazacova, L., 2015, Cradle to Cradle Concept for Built Cultural Heritage Protection, Recent Advances in Earth Sciences, Environment and Development. Energy, Environmental and Structural Engineering Series (WSEAS) 37, [ISSN 2227-4359], pp.127-134.
- Cazacova, L., Al Kathiri, M., 2014, Islamic Architecture Features and Modern Housing: Case Study North Awqad, Salalah, The International Journal of the Constructed Environment 4/3 [ISSN 2154-8587], pp. 1-18.
- Cazacova, L., Gultekin, N. & Ulbar, U., 2011, Traditional and Modern Cyprus Housing Architecture: Case Study – Lapethos, The International Journal of Environmental, Cultural, Economic and Social Sustainability 7/21 [ISSN: 1832-2077], pp.183-196.
- Cazacova L., Erdelhun A., Saymanlier A., Cazacova N., Ulbar U., 2010, Social and Spatial Aspects of Housing Development Affecting Urban Quality of Life-the case of Famagusta, International Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences 4/6, 2010, [ISSN 2220-8488/2221-0989], pp.735-748.
- Cazacova, L., Ulbar, U., 2010, The Sustainable Planning of an Old City/historical heritage issues/, The International Journal of Environmental, Cultural, Economic and Social Sustainability 6/1 [ISSN: 1832-2077], pp.303-318.
- Ulbar, U., Cazacova, L., Erdelhun, A., 2010, Sustainable city planning – preserving historical objects, WIT Transactions on Ecology and the Environment 129, [ISSN: 1743-3541], pp.483-497. DOI 10.2495/SC100411.
- Cazacova, L., Erdelhun, A., Ulbar, U., Cazacova, N., 2009, Questioning the sustainable development of North Cyprus/drinking water consumption issues, International Journal of Sustainable Science and Studies 1/1 [ISSN 2036-7929], pp.40-44.
- Cazacova L, Sediadi, E. ‘How do students’ competitions like Solar Decathlon increase renewable energy awareness and who does benefit?’ Proceedings of 9th European conference on Renewable Energy Systems, Istanbul, Turkey, 25-26 August, 2020.
- Cazacova, L., & Farhan, M, 2018, ‘Innovative Building Material for the House Construction for Solar Decathlon Middle East 2018 Competition’, 5th International Conference on Mechanical, Materials and Manufacturing (ICMMM 2018), 13-15 October, 2018, Orlando, USA.
- Yapicioglu, B., Cazacova, L., 2017, ‘Omani burqa’ vs. decorated façade of modern Omani house; the case of Salalah, Dhofar Region, Oman, Al Azharr’s 14th International conference on: Engineering, Architecture & Technology, IEREK, 12-14 December, 2017, Cairo, Egypt.
- Yapicioglu, B., Cazacova L., 2016, Culture Embedded in City’s Architecture; Incense burning custom and its effects on modern buildings’’ features of Salalah, Oman, STACH’16 – 5th International Conference on Sustainable Tourism and Cultural Heritage, WSEAS & NAUN, Istanbul, Turkey, 15-17 April, 2016.
- Cazacova, L. Yapicioglu, B., 2014, Fertile Crescent Defensive Cities Architectural Features Influenced by the Land of Incense Culture, Proceedings of CAUMME II 2014 International Symposium: Architectural and Urban, Architectural and Urban Research, Education, and Practice in the Era of ‘Post-Professionalism’, Girne American University, Girne, North Cyprus, October, 23-25, 2014, pp. 322-346.
- Cazacova, L., M. Hidalgo, M. Farhan, F. Al-Masikhi, F. Al-Hafidh, H. Qatan, J. Hubais, L. Ghafoor, M. Al-Marhoon, M. Darwish, M. Al-Amri, S. Al-Baraami, S. Al-Shanfari & S. Al-Rawas, 2014, Recognition of Mirbat town’s old area as historical environment, REHAB 2014, [ISBN: 978-989-8734-01-3], Vol. II, Tomar, Portugal, March, 19-21, 2014. Doi: 10.14575/gl/rehab2014, pp. 581-591.
- Adam, K., Cazacova, L., 2012, The Round Dhofari House Popularity Uniting the Past and the Present, Proceedings of ISVS – 6, 6th International Seminar on Vernacular Settlements – 2012, [ISBN 978-975-8401-82-6], Vol. I, Eastern Mediterranean University, Famagusta, North Cyprus, April, 19-21, 2012, pp. 365-374.
- Cazacova, L.,T. Balhaf, Y. Al Shajibi, A. Al Marhoon, S. Baabood, A. Masan, L. Al Barrami, N. Al Mashani, H. Baomar, F. Al Mashani, 2012, Traditional Approach in Shop Front Design: Case Study Al Haffah, Salalah, Proceedings of ICWSAUD 2012-2nd International Conference-Workshop on Sustainable Architecture and Urban Development, [ISBN 978-967-394-070-7], March, 3-5, 2012, Pinang, Malaysia, pp. 19-27.
- Al-Mashani, A., S., M., Cazacova, L., 2011, Studying abandoned handicrafts, Case study-Vedat, Proceedings of 2nd International Conference on Intangible Heritage-Sharing Cultures 2011, [ISBN 978-989-95671-4-6], July, 3-6, 2011, Tomar, Portugal, pp. 653-660.
- Cazacova L., Saymanlier A., Caganaga V., Ulbar U., 2010, Abandoned Methods of Passive Solar Design in Traditional Cypriot Architecture, Proceedings of 37th World Congress in Housing: Design, Technology, Refurbishment and Management of Buildings, [ISBN 978−84−693−6655−4, October, 26-29, 2010, Santander, Spain, pp. 96-106.
- Ulbar, U., Cazacova, L., Saymanlier, A., M., & Cazacova, N., 2010, Branding Lefke, Proceedings of SAUD 2010, 2nd International Conference on Sustainable Architecture & Urban Development, [ISBN 978-9957-540-02-9], Vol. III, July, 12-15, 2010, Amman, Jordan, pp. 293-311.
- Cazacova, L., Ulbar, U., Cazacova, N., & Saymanlier, A., M., 2010, The Cultural Heritage Issues in Developing Countries, Proceedings of HERITAGE 2010, 2nd International Conference on Heritage and Sustainable Development, [ISBN 978-989-95671-3-9], Vol. 2, Green Institute & UNESCO, June, 22-24, 2010, Evora, Portugal, pp. 777-787.
- Cazacova L., & Ulbar, U., 2010, Old cities planning – we are in danger of losing our historical pattern…, Proceedings of ICSAUD 2010, International Conference – Sustainable Architecture& Urban Design, [ISBN 978-967-5417-67-2], APEX University, School of Housing of Malaysia, March, 3-4, 2010 Pinang, Malaysia, pp. 422-431.
- Ulbar, U., Cazacova, L., Erdelhun, A., Cazacova, N., 2009, Historical cities of North Cyprus, Cultural Heritage Cairo 2009, Proceedings of 4th International Congress on Science and Technology for the Safeguard of Cultural Heritage of the Mediterranean Basin, UNESCO & UNITED NATIONS, December, 6-8, 2009, Cairo, Egypt, pp. 77-85.
- Cazacova L., Ulbar, U., Saglam H. & Erdelhun, A., 2009, The meaning of open air cinema in urban design – a fresh look to an old problem, ICBEDC 2009, Proceedings of 3rd Conference on Built Environment in Developing Countries, [ISBN NO: 978-983-3986-60-6], Vol.2, University Sains Malaysia & School of Housing of Malaysia, December, 2-3, 2009, Pinang, Malaysia, pp. 1122-1132.
- Cazacova, L., Erdelhun, A., Ulbar, U., Cazacova, N.,2009, Questioning the sustainable development of North Cyprus/drinking water consumption issues, Proceedings of International Conference on Sustainability, Human Geography and Environmental Studies, ICSHGES 2009, [ISSN 2036-7910], Vol. 1, Polo Centre of Sustainability, November, 6-8, 2009, Italian Riviera, Italy, pp. 216-222.
- Ulbar, U., Cazacova, L., Erdelhun, A., Cazacova, N., 2009, Giving a new life to an old city-preserving streets’ image, Proceedings of City Street International Conference 2009, [ISBN 978-9953-457-86-4], Notre Dame University LOUAIZE-LEBANON, November, 18-20, 2009, Beirut, Lebanon, pp. 43-48.
- Cazacova, L., 2008, Architecture and Advertising Design: concurrent or two separate entities?, Proceedings of 5th ARCHENG, International Architecture & Engineering Symposiums, Creating the Future, [ISBN: 978-975-98897-3-9], European University of Lefke, November, 26-28, 2008, Lefke, North Cyprus, pp.19-21.