Dr. Maen Takruri
|Title:||Department Chair / Associate Professor – Electrical Engineering|
|School:||School of Engineering|
|Department:||Electrical, Electronics and Communications Engineering Department|
Dr. Maen Takruri received his PhD in Electrical Engineering from University of Technology (UTS), Sydney in 2010. He also received his BSc and MSc degrees in Electrical Engineering /Communications from the University of Jordan. In 2009, he undertook formal research commercialization training and received a Graduate Certificate in Research Commercialization from the University of Technology, Sydney.
Currently, he is an Associate Professor and the Chairman of the Department of Electrical, Electronics and Communications Engineering at the American University of Ras Al Khaimah (AURAK), UAE. During his service at AURAK, he played a key role in CAA and ABET accreditation efforts for the Electronics and Communications Engineering program, Electrical Engineering program and others. He also served as the Electrical Engineering program coordinator, the senior projects coordinator, the internship coordinator, the ABET coordinator and AURAK IEEE Student Branch Counselor. Prior to that, he was a Lecturer at the Electrical, Mechanical and Mechatronics School, University of Technology, Sydney. He taught and coordinated several courses in Communications, Signal Processing, Electronics, Circuits and Digital Systems.
Dr. Maen has been also involved in many research projects involving collaboration between universities and industry partners. He has a wide spectrum of research interests that include (but not limited to): computer and communication networks, in-network signal processing and data fusion in wireless sensor networks, error detection, trust management, data fusion, estimation theory and target tracking, biomedical and surveillance applications of wireless sensor networks, machine learning and image processing. .He is a member of IEEE and an active reviewer for several intentional journals and conferences. He served as the Organizing, Publicity and Publication Chair of the “5th International Conference on Electronic Devices, Systems, and Applications ICEDSA-2016” which was held in Dec. 2016. He also was involved in organizing several other conferences and workshops. He received the Best Paper Award for the paper entitled “Auto calibration in drift aware wireless sensor networks using the interacting multiple model algorithm,” and his paper entitled “Towards limb position invariant myoelectric pattern recognition using time-dependent spectral features” was chosen as a Notable Article in Computing in 2014 in the 19th Annual Best of Computing by Computing Reviews. In addition to that, he received AURAK’s president Award on the Distinguished New Scholar category (2015) and on the Exceptional Academic Service category (2016).
- PhD, Electrical Engineering (Computing and Communications), University of Technology, Sydney, Australia, 2010.
- Graduate Certificate, Research Commercialization, University of Technology, Sydney, Australia, 2009.
- MSc, Electrical Engineering / Communications, The University of Jordan, Jordan, 2004.
- BSc, Electrical Engineering, The University of Jordan, Jordan, 1998.
- Wireless sensor networks and their applications.
- Signal and image processing for biomedical applications.
- Data fusion, localization, target tracking and estimation.
- Machine learning, pattern recognition.
- Image and video processing.
- Computer and communications networks.
- Maen Takruri, Hussain A. Attia and Mohamad Hussam Awad, “Wireless Charging in the Context of Sensor Networks”, International Journal of Applied Engineering Research, vol. 11, no. 12, pp. 7736-7741, 2016.
- Hussain A. Attia and Maen Takruri, “RFID Code Wireless Transceiver System Based on Amplitude Shift Keying Modulation”, International Journal of Applied Engineering Research, vol. 11, no. 10, pp 7155-7158, 2016.
- Takruri, R. Al-Hmouz, A. Al-Hmouz and M. Momani, “Fuzzy C Means Based Hybrid Classifiers For Offline Recognition Of Handwritten Indian (Arabic) Numerals”, International Journal of Applied Engineering Research, vol. 10, no. 1, pp. 1911-1924, January, 2015.
- Momani, M. Takruri and R. Al-Hmouz, “Risk Assessment Algorithm in Wireless Sensor Networks using Beta Distribution,” The International Journal of Computer Networks & Communications, vol. 6, no. 5, pp. 157-166, September, 2014.
- Khushaba, M. Takruri, J. Mario and S. Kodagoda , “Toward Limb Position Invariant Myoelectric Pattern Recognition Using Local-Global Time-Dependant Spectral Features,” Neural Networks Journal, Elsevier, vol 55, pp. 42-58, July, 2014.
- Al-Hmouz, M. Momani and M. Takruri, “Trust and Reputation Analysis in Fading Wireless Sensor Network Channel,” Journal of Life Science, vol. 10, no. 4, pp. 310-318, December, 2013.
- Abu Mahmoud, A. Al-Jumaily and M. Takruri, “Wavelet and Curvelet Analysis for Automatic Identification of Melanoma Based on Neural Network Classification,” International Journal of Computer Information Systems and Industrial Management Applications, vol. 5, pp. 606-614, 2013.
- Khushaba, M. Takruri, S. Kodagoda and G. Dissanayake, “Toward Improved Control of Prosthetic Fingers Using Surface Electromyogram (EMG) Signals,” Expert Systems with Applications, Elsevier, Sep 2012.
- Al-Hattab, M. Takruri and J. Agbinya, “Mobility Prediction using Pattern Matching,” The international Journal of Electrical and Computer Sciences, vol. 12, no. 3, 2012.
- Takruri, S. Rajasegarar, S. Challa, C. Leckie, and M. Palaniswami, “Spatio-Temporal Modelling Based Drift Aware Wireless Sensor Networks,” IET Wireless Sensor Systems, vol. 1, no. 2, pp. 110-122, June 2011.
- Takruri, S. Challa, and R. Chakravorty, “Recursive Bayesian Approaches for Auto Calibration in Drift Aware Wireless Sensor Networks,” Journal of Networks, vol. 5, no. 7, pp. 823–832, July 2010.
- Maen Takruri and Maram W Rashad, “Automatic Non-Invasive Recognition of Melanoma Using Support Vector Machines A Study Based on the Grey Level Co-occurrence Matrices (GLCM) and Color Features,” Proceedings of the 2016 International Conference on Bio-engineering for Smart Technologies (BioSMART), Dec, 2016.
- Maen Takruri, Maram W Rashad and Hussain Attia , “Multi-classifier decision fusion for enhancing melanoma recognition accuracy,” Proceedings of the 2016 5th International Conference on Electronic Devices, Systems and Applications (ICEDSA), Dec, 2016.
- Hussain A Attia, Maen Takruri and Halah Y Ali, “Electronic monitoring and protection system for drunk driver based on breath sample testing,” Proceedings of the 2016 5th International Conference on Electronic Devices, Systems and Applications (ICEDSA), Dec, 2016.
- Hussain A Attia, Amjad Omar and Maen Takruri , “Design of decentralized street LED light dimming system,” Proceedings of the 2016 5th International Conference on Electronic Devices, Systems and Applications (ICEDSA), Dec, 2016.
- Takruri, A. Al-Jumaily and M. Abu Mahmoud , “Automatic Recognition of Melanoma Using Support Vector Machines: A Study Based on Wavelet, Curvelet and Color Features,” Proceedings of the International Conference on Industrial Automation, Information and Communications Technology (IAICT 2014), Aug, 2014.
- Takruri, R. Al-Hmouz and A. Al-Hmouz, “Three Level Classification: Fuzzy C Means, Support Vector Machine and Unique Pixels for Arabic Handwritten Digits”, Proceedings of the World Symposium on Computer Applications & Research (WSCAR), Jan, 2014.
- Abu Mahmoud, A. Al-Jumaily and M. Takruri, “The Automatic Identification of Melanoma by Wavelet and Curvelet Analysis: Study Based on Neural Network Classification,” Proceedings of the Eleventh International Conference on Hybrid Intelligent Systems (HIS2011), December 2011.
- Takruri, S. Challa, and R. Yunis, “Data Fusion Techniques for Auto Calibration in Wireless Sensor Networks,” Proceedings of the 12th International conference on information fusion (Fusion 2009), Seattle, USA, July 2009.
- Takruri, S. Challa, and R. Chakravorty, “Auto calibration in drift aware wireless sensor networks using the interacting multiple model algorithm,” Mosharaka International Conference on Communications, Computers and Applications (MIC-CCA 2008), Jordan, July 2008. (Best Paper Award).
- Takruri, S. Rajasegarar, S. Challa, C. Leckie, and M. Palaniswami, “Online drift correction in wireless sensor networks using spatio-temporal modelling,” Proceedings of the 11th International conference on information fusion (Fusion 2008), Cologne, Germany, July 2008.
- Takruri and S. Challa, “Drift aware wireless sensor networks,” Proceedings of the 10th the International conference on information fusion (Fusion 2007), Quebec City, Canada, July 2007.
- Takruri and D. Abu-Al-Nadi. “Fractal Image Compression using Neural Networks in Frequency Domain”. Proceedings of ICECS 2003, University of Sharjah, UAE, December 2003.
- Takruri, and S. Challa, “Data Fusion Approach for Error Correction in Wireless Sensor Networks,” in Wireless Sensor Networks: Application-Centric Design, Geoff V Merret and Yen Kheng Tan, Ed. , pp. 353–372, InTech, December, 2010.
- Takruri, K. Aboura, and S. Challa, “Distributed recursive algorithm for auto calibration in drift aware wireless sensor networks,” in Innovations and Advanced Techniques in Systems, Computing Sciences and Software Engineering, K. Elleithy, Ed. , pp. 21–25, Springer, 2008.