Dr. Mohamed Al Zarooni is an Associate Professor of Chemical Engineering of the Chemical and Petroleum Engineering Department. He is a UAE National from the city of Dubai. He previously taught at UAE University for 17 years, where he was the Dean of the University General Requirement Unit (Foundation Year) for seven years and the Director of the Continuing Education Center for seven years. He has experience working for Dubai Aluminum Company (DUBAL), Doosan Heavy Industries Water Research Center, and the Federal Electricity and Water Authority (FEWA). In additions to his research and teaching interests, he is devoted to developing students’ motivation and skills.
Dr. Mohamed studied Chemical and Petroleum Engineering and earned his Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering from the University of Tennessee in Knoxville, USA in 1997, his M.Sc. in Chemical Engineering from Washing University in St. Louis, USA in 1992, and his B.Sc. in Chemical and Petroleum Engineering from UAE University in 1989.
Dr. Mohamed research interests include water desalination, wastewater treatment, and adsorption. He has published more than twenty journal papers and thirty conference presentations.
- Al Zarooni, M. and Elshorbagy, W., “Characterization and Assessment of Al Ruwais Refinery Wastewater”, J. of Hazardous Materials, A136 (2006) 398-405
- Al-Muhtaseb, S., Abu Al-Rub, F. and Al Zarooni, M., “Adsorption Equilibria of Nitrogen, Methane and Ethane on BDH Activated Carbon”, J. Chemical and Engineering Data, 52 (2007)60-65
- El-Naas,M., Al Marzouqi,, Marzouk,S., Al Zarooni,M., and N. Abdullatif, “Characterization of the Transport of CO2 through Membrane Contactors“, Clean Air 2007, Portugal, July 2-7, 2007.
- Marzouk,S., Al Marzouqi,, El-Naas,M., Al Zarooni,M., and N. Abdullatif, “Effect of the Hollow Fiber Membrane Type on the Efficiency and Selectivity of CO2 Removal from CO2-CH4 Gas Streams using Different Adsorbent Solvents”, Pittcon 2007, Pittsburgh Chicago, IL, USA, March 2007.
- MH Al-Marzouqi, MH El-Naas, SAM Marzouk, MA Al-Zarooni, N Abdullatif , R Faiz , “Modeling of CO2 Absorption in Membrane Contactors” , Separation and Purification Technology, 59 (2008) 286 -293
- Al-Rawafjeh, A. and Al Zarooni, M., “New Processes in Seawater Desalination”, Recent Patents in Chemical Engineering, 1(2008) 141-150
- F Abu Al-Rub, J Hamdi, N Hamdi, H Allaboun, M Al Zarooni, M Al-Sharyani, “Adsorption of Phenol on Different Activated Carbons Prepared from Date Pits”, Separation Science and Technology, 46(2010) 300-308