Dr. Nasser Hamad
|Title:||Associate Professor – Electronics Engineering|
|School:||School of Engineering|
|Department:||Electrical, Electronics and Communications Engineering Department|
Nasser A. S. Hamad is an Associate professor in electronics and telecommunication engineering. Dr. Hamad obtained his Doctor of Engineering and Master of Engineer from the University of Electro-communication, Tokyo, Japan, in 2001 and 1998, respectively. He Joined the Arab American University-Jenin (AAUJ), Palestine in 2003, where he was an Assistant professor up to 2009. During this time, beside his teaching activities, he was assigned several administrative and academic positions. He obtained the Associate professor rank in 2009. In 2010 to 2012, he was the Vice President for academic affairs at the AAUJ.
He is the first director of Hassib Sabbagh IT center of excellence where he was setting up the center, opened in November, 2005. Dr. Hamad was one of the three consultant of the PALTEL group and Jawwal Mobile communication in Palestine for the last 6 years. He is a fellow member of Palestine Academy for Science and Technology, PALAST since 2008, and a full member of IEEE. His research interest was started in third generation CDMA-based cellular mobile systems, and then extended to fourth generation and beyond. His research interest were also focused on Information Theory and Coding, as well on Steganography techniques.
- Ph. D. , Electronics and Communication Engineering, University of Electro-Communications, Tokyo, Japan, 2001.
- M. Eng., Electronics and Communication Engineering, University of Electro-Communications, Tokyo, Japan, 1998.
- Wireless cellular Mobile Communication, third Generation and Beyond.
- OFDM technology and WiMax transmission reception techniques, and applications.
- Data security and Steganography.
- Information Theory and channel coding techniques.
NASSER A. HAMAD, “A New Proposal of Handover Algorithm between Cellular Mobile and Mobile WiMAX Systems”, International Journal of Research and Technology (IJRAT), Vol. 11, No. 24 (2016), pp 11894-11900.
NASSER A. HAMAD, “OFDM Performance Measurements in WiMax Physical Layer Network”, International Journal of Research and Technology (IJRAT), Vol. 10, No. 24 (2015), pp 44393-44398.
- Nasser A. Hamad, Beza N. Getu*, Hussain A. Attia, “Electromagnetic Fields Measurements of a Cellular Mobile Systems”, submitted as paper to the IJRAT.
- Beza N. Getu*, Nasser A. Hamad, Hussain A. Attia, “Remote Controlling of an Agricultural Pump System based on the Dual Tone Multi-Frequency (DTMF) Technique”, Accepted as paper to be published in Oct. 2015, Vol. 10, Issue 10, Journal of Engineering Science and Technology.
- Nasser A. Hamad “A Probabilistic Approach for Hiding Information in a Digital Image Based on Entropy Function”, The International Arab Journal of Information Technology (IAJIT), vol.7, No. 2, April 2010
- Nasser A. Hamad “Asymptotic User Capacity of a Wireless CDMA System with Parallel Interference Canceller”, Enformatika Trans. Eng. Comput. And Tech., vol. V3, pp. 129-132, Dec., 2004.
- Nasser and T. Hashimoto “Reverse link capacity of a wireless multimedia CDMA system with power and processing gain control in conjunction with CCI canceller”, IEICE Trans. Fundamentals, vol. E 84-A, pp. 347-355, Jan., 2001.
- Nasser and T. Hashimoto, “Reverse link capacity of a wireless multimedia CDMA system with transmission power control and CCI cancellers”, IEICE Trans. Fundamentals, vol. E 82-A, pp. 2706-2719, Dec., 1999.
Hussain A. Attia, Beza Negash Getu, Nasser A. Hamad, “A Stable DC Power Supply for Photovoltaic Systems”, The Fourth International Conference on Energy, Water and Environmental Sciences (ICEWES 2015), Ras Al Khaimah, Dec. 15-17, UAE.
- Hussain Attia, Beza N. Getu, and Nasser A. Hamad, “Experimental Validation of DTMF Decoder Electronic Circuit to be used for Remote Controlling of an Agricultural Pump System”, The International Conference on Electrical and Bio-medical Engineering, Clean Energy and Green Computing. Islamic Azad University, IAU, UAE Branch, Dubai, January 28-30, 2015 Oct. 2015.
- Nasser Hamad and Bashar Musa, “Improvement of Quality of Service for WiMax Physical Layer”, 2nd International Conference on Digital Signal Processing (MIC-SigProc 2014), Dubai, UAE: 3-5 October 2014.
- LAITH Ibrahim, MAHMMOUD Mahajni, QASSEM Salameh, TAHANI Sbehat, and NASSER Hamad, “User Capacity Of a Multiuser Receiver In a CDMA System”, 2nd Palestinian International Conference on Computer and Information Technology (PICCIT), Hebron, Palestine, 1-3 Dec., 2007.
- Nidhal Odeh, Sabira Khatun, Borhanuddin Mohd Ali, Alyani Ismail and Nasser Hamad, “Multi-Rate Joint CDMA and SDMA Multiuser Detection with Parallel Interference Cancellation”, Arab Conference on Information Technology (ACIT’06), Jordan, 19-21 Dec., 2006.
- Nidhal ODEH, Sabira KHATUN1, Nasser HAMAD, Borhanuddin ALI, Ady KITTANA and Ayman HAJ-YOUSEF, “Performance Evaluation of a CDMA Multiuser Detection with Parallel Interference Cancellation”, International Wireless and Telecommunications Symposium (IWTS’06), Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, 15-17, 2006.
- H. Nasser, “Asymptotic User Capacity of a Wireless CDMA System with Parallel Interference Canceller”, in Proc. Of WorldAcademy of Science, Engineering and Technology (PWASET), Vol. 3, Istanbul, Turkish, Dec. 2004 ISSN 1307-6884.
- H. Nasser and T. Hashimoto, “User capacity of a wireless multi-Rate CDMA systems”, in Proc. of SITA’01, Vol. II, Kobe, Hyogo, Japan, Dec. 4-7 2001.
- H. Nasser and T. Hashimoto, “Reverse link capacity of wireless multimedia CDMA system”, Proceedings of the 11th IEEE International symposium on Personal, Indoor and Mobile Radio Communication (PIMRC 2000), England, Sep. 2000.
- H. Nasser and T. Hashimoto, “Reverse link capacity of wireless multimedia CDMA system”, in Proc. Of SITA ،99, Vol. III, Niigata, Japan, Nov. 30 – Dec. 3 – Jan., 1999.
- H. Nasser and T. Hashimoto, “Reverse link capacity of a wireless multimedia CDMA with power control and CCI cancellers”, in Proc. Of SITA ’98, Vol. II, Gifu, Japan, Dec. 2-5 1998.
- H. Nasser and T. Hashimoto, “On the capacity of wireless multi-Media CDMA system based on transmission power control”, in Proc. Of SITA’97, Vol. II, Matsuyama, Japan, Dec. 2-5 1997.