Dr. Nasser M. A. Jaber is an Assistant Professor of Industrial Engineering at AURAK. Dr. Jaber received his Ph.D. in Operations Research and Industrial Management from University of Toronto – Canada, and MS in Industrial Engineering from University of Jordan – Jordan, received his Bachelor degrees in Mechanical Engineering from Yarmouk University – Jordan. His research interests are in the areas of Operations Research, Markov Decision Processes, Systems Modeling and Optimization, Project Scheduling, Project Resources Management, Systems Simulation, Decisions Making Analysis, Production Planning and Control, Operations and Materials Management, Costing Systems Design, Cost Reduction, Re-Engineering and Quality Management Systems.
- PhD. Mechanical and Industrial Engineering, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada, November 2008
- M.S. Industrial Engineering, the University of Jordan, Amman, Jordan, September 1990.
- B.S. Mechanical Engineering, Yarmouk University, Irbid, Jordan, February 1988.
Research and Publications:
- Mwafak Shakoor, Mohamed Rafik Qureshi, Wisam Abu Jadayil, Nasser Jaber & Moayyad Al-Nasra, “Application of discrete event simulation for performance evaluation in private healthcare: The case of a radiology department”, International Journal of Healthcare Management, Received 10 May 2019, Accepted 31 Mar 2020, Published online: 28 Apr 2020, pages 1 –
- Mwafak Shakoor, Mohamed Qureshi, Wisam Abu Jadayil, Nasser Jaber, “Assessment of Retail Practices for Providing Enhanced Value Added Services and Improved Customer Satisfaction Using Lean Manufacturing Approach”, International Review of Management and Marketing, 7(2), pp. 360- 366, 2017.
- Mwafak Shakoor, Nasser Jaber, Mohamed Qureshi, Wisam Abu Jadayil, Samar Jaber, “A Novel Model for Benchmarking the Performance of Retail Stores for Retail Operations using Lean Manufacturing Approach”, International Journal of Applied Engineering Research (IJAER), 12(17), pp. 6686-6692, 2017.
- Mwafak Shakoor, Wisam Abu Jadayil, Nasser Jaber, Samar Jaber, “Efficiency Assessment in Emergency Department using Lean Thinking Approach”, Jordan Journal of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering, 11(2), pp.97-103, 2017.
- Wisam Abu Jadayil, Seham Abu Jadayil, Walid Khraisat, Mwafak Shakoor, Nasser Jaber, “Creation of Different Cell Layouts Using Part Assignment Process for Manufacturing a Traction Drive Speed Reducer”, International Journal of Modern Manufacturing Technologies, Vol. IX, No. 2 / 2017
- Mwafak Shakoor, Moayyad Al-Nasra, Wisam Abu Jadayil, Nasser Jaber & Seham Abu Jadayil, “Evaluation of provided services at MRI department in a public hospital using discrete event simulation technique: A case study”, Cogent Engineering, pp. 1 – 11, (2017).
- Abu Jadayil, W. and Jaber, N., “Numerical prediction of optimum hollowness and material of hollow rollers under combined loading,” Journal of Materials and Design, Vol. 31, No. 3, 2009, 1490-1496.
- Oleksandr Shlakhter, Chi-Guhn Lee, Dmitry Khmelev, and Nasser Jaber, “Acceleration operators in the value iteration algorithms for Markov decision processes,” submitted to Operations Research, 2005.