Dr. Roz-Ud-Din Nassar is an associate professor of Civil and Structural Engineering. His research focusses on concrete and concrete durability and the use of recycled materials towards production of environmentally friendly, energy efficient and durable concrete materials.
Dr. Nassar has around 15 years of industry experience in civil engineering projects including the design of reinforced concrete structures. He has taught courses in the areas of construction materials, structural engineering, design of reinforced concrete and steel structures, and construction engineering at the undergraduate and graduate levels.
Prior to joining AURAK, he worked as visiting associate professor at American University of Sharjah, and before that he was with University of South Asia, Lahore, Pakistan.
Dr. Nassar is a member of American Concrete Institute (ACI); American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE); and Pakistan Engineering Council (PEC).
- Ph.D. Civil Engineering, Michigan State University, USA
- Masters of Structural Engineering, National University of Sciences and Technology (NUST), Islamabad – Pakistan
- Nassar, R., and Soroushian, P. “Field Investigation of Recycled Aggregate Concrete in pavement Construction”, Journal of Solid Waste Technology and Management, May 2016, Vol 42 (2) pp 137-144
- Nassar, R., and Soroushian, P. “Field Investigation of High Volume Fly Ash Concrete in Pavement Construction,” Journal of Resources, Conservation & Recycling, March 2013, Vol 73 (2013) pp 78-85
- Soroushian, P., Nassar, R., and Balachandra, A., “Piezo-driven self-healing by electrochemical phenomena”, Journal of Intelligent Material Systems and Structures, March 2013, Vol. 24 (4) pp 441-453
- Pasha A., Soroushian, P. and Nassar, R., “Recycled Glass Concrete: Milled waste glass is now used in mixtures for flatwork construction on the campus of Michigan State University”, ACI Journal of Concrete International, Jan 2013, Vol. 35, No. 1
- Nassar, R., and Soroushian, P. “Use of Milled Waste Glass in Recycled Aggregate Concrete,” Journal of Construction Materials, Sept 2012, Vol. 166, No.5 pp 304-315
- Nassar, R., and Soroushian, P. “Green and Durable Mortar Produced with Milled Waste Glass,” Magazine of Concrete Research, June 2012, Vol. 64, No. 7 pp 605-615
- Nassar, R., and Soroushian, P. “Strength and Durability of Recycled Aggregate Concrete Containing Milled Glass as Partial Replacement for Cement,” Journal of Construction and Building Materials, April 2012, Vol. 29 pp 368-377
- Nassar, R., and Soroushian, P. “Field Investigation of Concrete Incorporating Milled Waste Glass, ” Journal of Solid Waste Technology and Management, Nov 2011, Vol. 37, No. 4 pp 307-319
- Soroushian, P. and Nassar, R., “High-Recycled-Content Concrete for Energy- Efficient Building Construction,” Journal of Solid Waste Technology and Management, August 2010, Vol. 36, No. 3 pp 143-152
- Soroushian, P. and Nassar, R., “Testing Concrete Durability in Sewer Environment,” Journal of Construction Materials, Feb 2010,Vol. 163 pp 35-44
Invited Conference Presentations:
- Nassar, R. and Soroushian, P., “Enhancement of Concrete Properties through Partial Replacement of Cement with Milled Mixed-Color Waste Glass,” Michigan Concrete Association Annual Meeting, Auburn Hills, Michigan, February 2010.
- Nassar, R. and Soroushian, P., “Value-Added Use of Marked-Limited (Mixed- Color) Waste Glass in Concrete Construction,” Michigan Recycling Coalition Annual Conference, Detroit, Michigan, May 2010.
- Nassar, R. and Soroushian, P., “Use of Milled Waste Glass in the Production of Concrete Masonry Units ” Presentation at the Twenty-Eight International Page 3 of 3 Conference on Solid Waste Technology and Management, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, March 2013.
- Nassar, R. and Soroushian, P., “Recycling of Milled Waste Glass in Concrete – Field Investigations,” Presentation at the Twenty-Fifth International Conference on Solid Waste Technology and Management, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, March 2010.