Dr. Shiyong’s area of specialization is communication and his research interest include intercultural communication, public relations, and mass communication. He received the Local Research Grant from Guangzhou University, China in 2010 and a Strategic Research Grant from Shantou University, China in 2003.
- Sham, M.A., & Peng, S.Y.(2015). The Role of Mass Eedia in Disseminating Public Health Information on Breast Cancer. International Journal of Multidisciplinary Thought, 5(40): 325-330.
- Peng, S.Y. , & Sham, M. A. (2015). Communication Apprehension: A Comparison between English Majors and Non-majors in China. International Journal of Applied Linguistics & English Literature,4(6):190-195.
- Peng, S.Y. (2015). Distributions of Conflict Potentials among Western and Chinese Employees in Multinational Corporations in China. In Patrick, PK, Ng & Cindy, S.B. Ngai (Ed). Role of Language & Corporate Communication in Greater China: From Academic to Practitioner Perspectives.193-202. Springer.
- Peng, S.Y. (2014). Analysis of Perceived Difficulty Rank of English Skills of College Students in China. Studies in Literature and Language, 8(3), 15-21.
- Peng, S.Y. (2012). A Comparative Perception of the Culturally Different Others: Stereotyped or Not. Cross-Cultural Communication. 8(5):55-61
- Peng, S.Y. (2011). Differences between Intercultural Communication Research in
- Peng, S.Y. (2010). Impact of Stereotypes on Intercultural Communication: A Chinese Perspective. Asian Pacific Education Review. 11(2): 243-252.
- Peng, S.Y. (2008). A New Perspective of Intercultural Communication: Investigation
- Peng, S.Y. (2006). A Comparative Perspective of Intercultural Sensitivity Between College Students and Multinational Employees in China. Multicultural Perspective, 8 (3), 38-45.
- Peng, S. Y.Rangsipaht, S., & Thaipakdee, S. (2005). Measuring Intercultural Sensitivity: A Comparative Study of Ethnic Chinese and Thai Nationals. Journal of Intercultural Communication Research, 34(2),119-137.
- Peng, S.Y. (2005).Frequently-Used Data Analysis Tools in International
- Peng, S. Y. (2005). Urgency of Interdisciplinary Approach in Intercultural
- Peng, S. Y. (2004). Research profile of humanities in China: Status quo, problems,
- Peng, S.Y. (2003). Culture and conflict management in foreign-invested enterprises in China: An intercultural perspective. Switzerland: Peter Lang AG,
- He, Z., Zhu, J.H., & Peng, S.Y (2002). Cultural values and conflict resolution in enterprises in diverse cultural settings in China. In Chen, G.M (Ed). Chinese Conflict Management and Resolution. 149-167. Greenwood Publishing Group.
- Peng, S.Y., He, Z., & Zhu, J.H. (2000). Conflict Management Styles among Employees of Sino-American, Sino-French, and State-owned Enterprises in Intercultural Communication Studies 2, 33-46.
Selected Conference Papers
- Sham, M. S. Ali, & Peng, S.Y. The Role of Mass Media in Disseminating Public Health Information on Breast Cancer. International Journal of Arts and Sciences International Conference for Academic Disciplines, Ryerson University, Toronto, Ontario, Canada, May 18-May 21, 2015
- Peng, S.Y. Communication Apprehension: A Comparison between English Majors and Non-majors in China BUC 2nd International Multidisciplinary Conference: English Language, Literature, and Information Technology. Al Buraimi University, Oman, May 1-2, 2015.
- Peng, S.Y. Analysis of Perceived Difficulty Rank of English Skills of College Students in China. 15th Annual International Conference on Education, Athens, Greece, May 20-23, 2013.
- Peng, S. Y. A Comparative Perception of the Culturally Different Others: Stereotyped or Not. The 16th IAICS Conference, 2010, July 18-20. Guangzhou, China.
- He Z, Zhu J H, Peng S, & Chen, X, Patterns of Cultural Orientations and Conflict Resolution in Three Cultural Groups, Annual Conference of the Association for Education in Journalism and Mass Communication, Miami Beach, Florida, USA, August 2002.
- Peng, S. Y., He, Z., & Zhu, J.H. Cultural Values and Conflict Management Models Conference on Intercultural Communication under the Globalized Economy HK, Shu Ren College. Dec.7-9. 2001.
- He, Z., Peng, S.Y., & Zhu, J.H (1999). Online Newspapers in Mainland China: Social Environment and the Making of Cyberspace Communities. Proceedings of Conference on New Technologies and the Cross-Strait Mass Communication, Taipei, Taiwan, 73-106.