CENTER OF INFORMATION, COMMUNICATION AND NETWORKING EDUCATION AND INNOVATION
ICONET is an ICT research and innovation center established by the School of Engineering at the American University of Ras Al Khaimah (AURAK) with support from the Telecommunication and Regulatory Authority’s ICT Fund. ICONET has been initiated with the aim of supporting the university’s central mission of gaining recognition as a beacon of excellence in education and innovation.
ICONET will foster excellence in education and innovation in the development and application of ICT to problems of national interest in science and engineering. The center will provide students and faculty with the structure and resources to accomplish these goals. ICONET is designed to incorporate multiple activities that are unified under the umbrella of ICT. These activities include research and development, business incubation, programming education for schools, and training, among others.
March 4, 2017
January 7, 2016
We have something for everyone
Schools: ICT Education, curriculum consultancy, teaching training.
Companies and institutions: training courses, consultation, incubation and office space, research, innovation projects.
Individuals: Graduate certificates, training courses, innovation support.
Faculty: Research Support, Startup support, Industry out-reach
Request a Call
What do we do?
- Quality research in the area of ICT
- Focus areas include space, cybersecurity and Virtual Reality
- Modern Office Space
- Discounted rent
- Access to university resources
- Free workshops and mentorship for startups
- Qualified, experienced trainers (Ph.D. and M.Sc. holders)
- Competitive pricing
- Advanced certified courses: ARM, CCNA, MySQL,
- Programming sessions for school students
- Training for school teachers on programming and IT curriculum and teaching
Follow AURAK on: