Mr. Mohammed Zaid
|Title:||Instructor – Mechanical and Industrial Engineering|
|School:||School of Engineering|
|Department:||Mechanical and Industrial Engineering Department|
|Phone:||+971 7 246 8751|
Mohammad Zaid is mechanical engineer specialize in ” Thermal and hydraulic systems “. He earned his Ms. Degree in industrial engineering from Jordan University/ Jordan 2004 , Eng. Zaid was production manager for one of the biggest paints company for 6 years, Eng. Zaid established and managed many industrials projects in Jordan ,UAE, Sudan, Egypt .
Eng. Zaid joined the American University of Ras Al Khaimah in year 2014 where he is now a mechanical engineering lab instructor. His primary interests are in the areas of thermal sciences, hydraulics sciences. Now he is working in research on water desalination and he design and construct solar desalination still unit in RAKRIK.
Eng. Zaid has conducted many short courses and seminars in Jordan in the areas of maintenance planning, material handling, MRP, TQM, ERP, ISO, internal auditing, bearing, pumps, and coast reduction technics. he got many certifications and trainings such as NEBOSH, CREO 0.3.
- M.Sc. Degree in Industrial Engineering, University of Jordan, Amman, Jordan 2004.
- B.S. (Mechanical Engineering / Thermals and Hydraulics Systems), Al-Balqa Applied University Amman, Jordan, 1999.
- Got seed grant from AURAK/2015 “Develop Hybrid Water Desalination System in Ras Al-Khaimah”.
- Submit seed grant cycle2016
- Attending most of the public lectures arranged by the school of graduate studies and research.
- Participate by one Poster on the Energy and Water in the Gulf Cooperation Council Countries, which will be 12-15 April 2016.
- Complete testing in the solar still.
- Attending the ICEDSA2016 conference.
- Women in STEM Education and Career Pathways 2016.
- Attending the civil engineering workshop 2016.
- Attending the petroleum and chemical engineering workshop2016.
- Member of the organizing committee of The International Conference on Energy, Water & Environmental Sciences (ICEWES) sponsored by AURAK.
- Member of the scientific committee for the Energy and Water in the Gulf Cooperation Council Countries, which was held on 12-15 April 2016.
- Member of the organization committee of the IEEE day, which was held on 27, April 2019.
- Member of the team of Solar Decathlon Middle East 2018. In Dubai.
- Help senior students in their graduation projects “Hydrogen Car”, MeznSat, & water still Desalination.
- Submitted proposal for seed grant AURAK: Multi-Objective Optimization for High-Speed End Milling process of hardened steel AISI 4340 using RSM approach and Genetic algorithm.
- Submitted to AL QASIMI FOUNDATION seed grant: Public Transportation for enhancing health, education, and tourism in Ras Al Khaimah