Prof. Hamid Berriche
|Title:||Department Chair Professor – Physics
|School:||School of Arts & Sciences|
|Department:||Mathematics & Natural Sciences Department|
|Phone:||+971 7 246 8819|
Professor Hamid Berriche has a PhD in Quantum Physics from the Paul Sabatier University in Toulouse – France. He has also got the Habilitation degree (equivalent to the German or French Habilitation) from the University of Monastir in Tunisia. He was a research fellow at the Emerson Centre for Scientific Computing at Emory University (Atlanta, USA). He is working on several research subjects dealing with different molecular physics problems such as formation prediction of ultra-cold alkali ionic and neutral diatomic molecules, atom-molecule collision for interstellar interest, alkali-rare gas van der Waals excimers used in high power laser development, and neutral and ionic alkali-rare gas clusters. Prof. Berriche has supervised many PhD and Master Students from King Khalid University in Saudi Arabia and the University of Monastir. He has contributed in curriculum development of undergraduate and graduate programs. He has published about 60 articles in peer-reviewed journals and several book chapters. He was an invited speaker and chairman in several international conferences. Prof. Berriche managed and coordinated many research projects that are funded by universities and agencies such as KACST (King Abdel Aziz City of Sciences and Technology) and the European Office of Aerospace Research & Development (EOARD) which is a detachment of AFOSR (AF Office of Scientific Research).
- C. Ghanmi, M. Farjallah, H. Berriche, Theoretical study of the alkaline-earth (LiBe)+ ion: structure, spectroscopy and dipole moments, Journal of Physics B: Atomic, Molecular and Optical Physics, 50 (2017) 055101 (9pp).
- S. Saidi, N. Alharzali, H. Berriche, A combining rule calculation of the ground-state van der Waals potentials of the magnesium rare-gas complexes, Molecular Physics, 1 March 2017, Pages 1-11.
- M. Bejaoui, J. Dhiflaoui, N. Mabrouk, H. Berriche, R. El Oualhazi, Theoretical Investigation of the Electronic Structure and Spectra of Mg2+He and Mg+He, The Journal of Physical Chemistry A, Vol. 120 (2016), pages 747−753.
- S. Belayouni, C. Ghanmi, H. Berriche, Adiabatic and Quasi-diabatic Investigation of the Strontium Hydride Cation SrH+: Structure, Spectroscopy, and Dipole Moments, Canadian Journal of Physics, 2016, Vol. 94, No. 9, pp. 791-802.
- H. Berriche, F.X. Gad´ea, Transition dipole function and radiative lifetimes for the A and C 1Σ+ states of the LiH molecule, European Physical Journal D, (2016) 70: 2.
- J. Dhiflaoui, H. Berriche, M.C. Heaven, Theoretical investigation of RbXe and CsXe excimers including the spin–orbit interaction, Journal of Physics B: Atomic, Molecular and Optical Physics, 49, No. 20 (2016) 205101 (11pp).
- R. ElOualhazi, H. Berriche, Electronic Structure and Spectra of the MgLi+ Ionic Molecule, Journal of Physical Chemistry A, 2016, 120 (3), pp 452-465.
- I. Jendoubi, C. Ghanmi, H. Berriche, Adiabatic and quasi‑diabatic study of FrRb: structure, spectroscopy and dipole moments, Theoretical Chemistry Accounts, (2016) 135:142.
- S. Miller, C.A. Rice, G.D. Hager, M.D. Rotondaro, H. Berriche, G.P. Perram, High pressure line shapes of the Rb D1and D2 lines for 4He and 3He collisions, Journal of Quantitative Spectroscopy and Radiative Transfer, Volume 184, 2016, Pages 118-134.
- A. Rakshit, C. Ghanmi, H. Berriche, B. Deb, Interactions and low-energy collisions between an alkali ion and an alkali atom of a different nucleus, Journal of Physics B: Atomic, Molecular and Optical Physics, 49 (2016) 105202 (8pp).
- D. Sardar, S. Naskar, N. Pal, H. Berriche, B. Deb, Formation of a Molecular Ion by Photoassociative Raman Processes, Journal of Physics B: Atomic, Molecular and Optical Physics,Volume 49, Number 24 (2016) 245202 (9pp).
- M. Al-Ahmari, S. Saidi, J. Dhiflaoui, F. Hassen, H. Berriche, Structure and Stability of the Li+Xen and LiXen Clusters, Journal of Cluster Science, Volume 26, Issue 3, 1 May 2015, Pages 913-924.
- C. Ghanmi, M. Bouhelleb, S. Saidi, H. Berriche, Theoretical Study of the Structures, Stabilities and Electronic Properties of Na2+Xen (n=1-6) Clusters, Canadian Journal of Physics, 2015, Volume 93, Issue 11, 27 April 2015, Pages 1246-1251.
- C. Ghanmi, M. Farjallah, H. Berriche, A.G. Al-Sehemi, Structure and electronic properties of the doubly charged diatomic dications BeX2+ (X = Na, K), Canadian Journal of Physics, Vol. 93: 1–8, 2015.
- S. Saidi, H. Berriche, N. Helberstadt, Dissociative Photoionozation of He—Li2: A Theoretical Study, Journal Physical Chemistry A, 2015, Volume 119, pp. 11963-11972.
- N. Mabrouk, H. Berriche, Theoretical study of the CsNa molecule: Adiabatic and diabatic potential energy and dipole moment, Journal of Physical Chemistry A, Volume 118, Issue 38, 25 September 2014, Pages 8828-8841.
- S. Bellayouni, I. Jendoubi, N. Mabrouk and H. Berriche, Systematic Study of the Electronic Properties and Trends in the LiX (X = Na, K, Rb, Cs and Fr) Molecules, Advances in Quantum Chemistry, Volume 68, Chapter 11, 2014, 203-238.
- M.S. Herbane, H. Berriche, A.A. El-hady, G. AlS hahrani, G. Ban, X. Fléchard, E. Liénard, Simulation of ion behavior in an open three-dimensional Paul trap using a power series method, Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research A 751 (2014) 11–18.
- C. Ghanmi, H. Bouzouita, N. Mabrouk, H. Berriche, Ab initio study of NaRb+: Potential energy curves, spectroscopic constants and atomic polarizabilities, Journal of Molecular Structure: THEOCHEM 808 (2007) 1–7.
- C. Ghanmi, H. Berriche, H. Ben Ouada, A vibrational level spacing analysis of the LiK+ lowest electronic states: Long-range behavior and evaluation of Li and K polarizabilities, Computational Materials Science 38 (2007) 494–501.
- Bouzouita, C. Ghanmi, H. Berriche, Ab initio study of the alkali-dimer cation Li2+, Journal of Molecular Structure: THEOCHEM 777 (2006) 75–80.
- C. Ghanmi, H. Berriche, H. Ben Ouada, Theoretical investigation of the molecular structure and transition dipole moments of the NaK+ low lying electronic states, Journal of Molecular Spectroscopy 235 (2006) 158–165.
- C. Ghanmi, H. Bouzouita, H. Berriche, H. Ben Ouada, Theoretical investigation on CsLi+ and CsNa+ ionic molecules, Journal of Molecular Structure: THEOCHEM 777 (2006) 81–86.
- W. Zrafi , B. Oujia, H. Berriche, F.X. Gadea, Evaluation of the adiabatic correction for LiH, RbH and CsH molecules, Journal of Molecular Structure: THEOCHEM 777 (2006) 87–97.
- H. Berriche, C. Ghanmi, H. Ben Ouada, Theoretical study of the electronic states and transition dipole moments of the LiK+ molecule, Journal of Molecular Spectroscopy 230 (2005) 161–167.
- H. Berriche, C. Tlili, Ab initio potential energy surface and rotationally inelastic collisions of LiH (X1Σ+) with H. I. The ab initio evaluation of the potential energy surface, Journal of Molecular Structure (Theochem) 678 (2004) 11–16.
- H. Berriche, Rotationally inelastic collisions of LiH (X1Σ+) with H: State-to-state inelastic rotational cross-section, Journal of Molecular Structure (Theochem) 682 (2004) 89–96.
- H. Berriche, Theoretical study of the lowest electronic states of the LiNa+ molecule, Journal of Molecular Structure (Theochem) 663 (2003) 101–108.
- H. Berriche., F.X. Gadea, Ab initio adiabatic and diabatic permanent dipoles for the low-lying states of the LiH molecule. A direct illustration of the ionic character, Chemical Physics Letters, 247 (1995) 85-88.
- H. Berriche, F.X. Gadea, Ab initio study of the LiH+ molecule,electronic interaction analysis and LiH UV photoelectron spectrum, Chemical Physics 191 (1995) 119-131.