Office of Quality Assurance Management Systems and Special Projects
Since its establishment as an independent higher education institution in 2009, American University of Ras Al Khaimah (AURAK) has experienced significant growth in all aspects of its operation. This growth is the result of the University’s demonstrated commitment to provide education of the highest quality in an academically enriching environment that prepares its graduates to be knowledgeable, thoughtful, creative, and responsible individuals.
The ability of AURAK to fulfill this commitment is embedded in its embrace of quality assurance and effectiveness practices that undergird the implementation of the university’s strategic goals and objectives through which it operationalizes its mission. Quality assurance and effectiveness practices incorporate the institution’s key performance indicators of success, and are measured by standards of excellence which are the outcomes of extensive research and broad experience inside and outside the academy. They are also embodied in the requirements for accreditation from local and recognized foreign higher education accreditation agencies.
The Division of Quality Assurance, Institutional Effectiveness and Accreditation is committed to the sustained development and advancement of quality assurance and effectiveness practices in all aspects of the University’s operation. Excellence in performance can only be sustained through meaningful, ongoing, integrated and institution-wide broad-based planning, assessment, analysis of findings and the use of results for continuous quality improvement; all of which are integral to the operation of AURAK and the fulfillment of its mission. Members of the AURAK community are also committed to sustaining and advancing the University through these practices. As such, AURAK looks forward to not only maintaining its current accreditations, but also to achieving internationally recognized program and regional accreditations.
We are committed to supporting and advancing the growth and success of AURAK as a higher education institution of excellence and integrity and invite you to be part of our “AURAK Excellence Movement”. United we are Stronger!
Yours for AURAK,
Claudette H. Williams
The mission of the Office of Institutional Effectiveness and Research is to promote, establish and support a culture of planning and assessment and the use of results for quality improvement at all levels of operation in keeping with the Division Mission, Institutional Strategic Goals 8, and the Mission of the University. The Office of Institutional Effectiveness and Research strives to provide outstanding customer-centered leadership to facilitate the integration of assessment, planning and institutional research across the university to ensure high standards of individual and institutional accountability.
The unit goals represent efforts on the part of the Office of Institutional Effectiveness and Research to support the University’s Mission and the mission of the Division. These goals respond specifically to institutional Strategic Goal 8 which aims to “Increase the quality of institutional effectiveness in the University by monitoring, reviewing and providing meaningful feedback on all operational planning and assessment activities and the use of findings for improvement.”
The Office of Institutional Effectiveness and Research realizes the unit’s mission by accomplishing the following goals:
- Support and empower the university’s ongoing, integrated research-based planning, evaluation and decision-making processes.
- Manage the university’s systematic planning and evaluation processes to review the institutional mission, goals and outcomes and support the continuous improvement of institutional quality.
- Facilitate a systematic process of assuring the quality of university programs and components through the oversight and support of accreditation activities and academic program review.
The Institutional Effectiveness Office adheres to the following core values in order to accomplish the unit’s mission.
- Students First – AURAK students deserve the finest possible education and educational services.
- Respect for All – External and internal customers should be treated with the highest levels of respect.
- Collaboration – More can be accomplished by working together.
- Informed Decision-Making – The analysis of relevant information is essential to effective decision-making.
- Transparency – Information must be truthful, reliable and available.
- Can-Do Spirit – A willingness to tackle jobs and get them done is essential to the institution’s success.
The following resources are provided for your convenience.
- IEO Calendar
- IR Survey Findings
- Research on AURAK
- Surveying Organizational Effectiveness: A Case Study from the United Arab Emirates
- Student Evaluation of Faculty: A Case Study from the United Arab Emirates
- An Analysis of Higher Education Leadership in the United Arab Emirates
- Analysis of Engineering Students’ Responses to Flipped Classroom Methodology in the United Arab Emirates
- An Analysis of the Instructional Leadership Model at an Institution of Higher Education in the United Arab Emirates
- Validation of the Findings of an Appreciation of Diversity Inventory Conducted in the United Arab Emirates
Yours for AURAK,
The OIER Team
Advancement of a place of higher learning can be a function of the quality of the academic programs, the efficacy of the support system, the efficiency in all aspects of institutional effectiveness, and the preparedness towards compliance. In the near future the educated will be the emerging global commodity. As such, academic institutions around the world are evolving as they seek and implement processes to validate the quality of their products â€“ the educated and the skilled. Achieving national and international accolades will continue to help institutions to gain competitive advantage as the manufacturers of this valuable commodity.
In light of the above, the American University at Ras Al Khaimah (AURAK), UAE is expanding its presence in the region as a van guard of quality. To that end its leadership has realized the potential benefit of establishing a Quality Assurance Management System.
The Office of Quality Assurance Management System and Special Project has been collaboratively engaged with the entire AURAK faculty, staff, and administrators to develop and implement the system, Integrated Digitization and Automation Process (IDAP).
The mission of the Office of Quality Assurance Management System and Special Project is to design, develop, implement and continually improve a technology facilitated digitization and automation system towards managing and articulating quality assurance in all facets of institutional planning, operation and compliance endeavors by meaningfully engaging its stakeholders.
The goals Office of Quality Assurance Management System and Special Project are
- Create a technology facilitated comprehensive standards based compliance report generation system to expedite the recursive editing and iterative document generation process.
- Model the use of digitized tools such as built-in surveys, feedback loops, rubrics and participant engagement for measuring operational effectiveness.
- Digitize institutional effectiveness process with internal controls to manage and maintain quality operation at AURAK
- Create a technology facilitated quality assessment system to meaningfully engage AURAK stakeholders in an orderly manner to document their efforts towards a quality improvement plan.
- Digitize the Student Learning Outcome assessment system at AURAK.
- Automate existing paper-based tracking and monitoring process and digitize the documentation process.
- AURAK Public Documents
- AURAK Internal documents
- Documents of external origin
- Standards-for-Licensure-and-Accreditation 2011 CAA UAE
- Procedural Guidelines for Initial Licensure 2011 CAA UAE
- Procedural Guidelines for Initial Accreditation 2011 CAA UAE
- Procedural Guidelines for Renewal of Licensure 2011 CAA UAE
- Procedural Guidelines for Renewal of Accreditation 2011 CAA UAE
- Data Manual – Center for Higher Education Data and Statisitics
- Qualifications Framework Emirates Handbook – UAE
- Resource Manual for the Principles of Accreditation – SACSCOC – USA
- ABET Accreditation-Policy-and-Procedure-Manual 15-16
- ABET Accreditation-Policy-and-Procedure-Manual 14-15
- AACSB Eligability Procedures and Accreditation Standards for Business -update-jan2015
Minister of Higher Education and Scientific Research
United Arab Emirates
Commission for Academic Accreditation
Minister of Higher Education and Scientific Research – UAE.
National Qualification Authority
United Arab Emirates
Center for Higher Education Data and Statistics
Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research – UAE.
The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) – USA
Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology
Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business