- To support the university’s academic programs and curricula.
- To facilitate access to its own collections and other forms of information through the use of information technology, library resource sharing networks and improved user services.
- To expand electronic communication capabilities, to enhance library services, and to develop resource sharing arrangements to provide access to materials located in other libraries through national and international networks.
- To provide facilities and services that are efficiently organized, well equipped and maintained so as to facilitate the productivity of staff and users.
- To educate users about the library services and resources.
- To hire and train friendly and qualified staff to support the University in its mission, vision and goals.
- To identify specific technologies and unique collections that can best serve as a model for the wider Ras Al Khaimah community and that can form the basis of fund raising for the university.