The Writing Center
The AURAK Writing Center
Dear AURAK Students,
The AURAK Writing Center AWC is maintaining its online services and is now available on Black Board Collaborate Ultra, for your Writing Instruction needs.
We have clear timelines for submission, the ability to work via Black Board Collaborate, and more.
The Writing Center staff are still here, to work with you in the new online format. See the schedule below and our submission instructions for everything you need to get started.
Assignment-Draft Submission Instructions: (Please follow these instructions)
- Students have to book an appointment by email and send us a copy of their work as an attachment to the same email, provided they copy (cc) their professor or instructor. (E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Students have to upload their work on the BB content page under AWC Assignments. (Please make sure you are logged in to BBL to access the AWC assignment BBL page).
- We will respond to the student and their professor and confirm the reception of the attachment. The student request will appear on our electronic booking record.
- The AWC will upload the word file with highlights and notes as comments after 48 hours. Only one attempt for revision is allowed.
The uploaded file should be a Word file (.docx) only and should not exceed 10 MB.
- Our comments and editing suggestions would only involve mechanics, diction, APA style, and citation errors.
- If further assistance is needed the student can book an online face-to-face appointment on Blackboard Collaborate Ultra meetings for further follow-up
Meetings would follow the below schedule.
Please observe weekends and public holidays in the process of submitting assignments. The AWC follows the below schedule to provide its services. If, for example, you submit your assignment on Thursday, the AWC will provide revision by Monday.
Make sure to use a PC or laptop to upload your assignment, not a smartphone.
AWC Schedule: Spring 2023
AWC Schedule Bldg. D (first floor) & on Blackboard Collaborate Ultra: Monday-Thursday
Please book an appointment as per the below schedule
|AWC Bldg. D
|w/ Coordinator (T-W-Th):
|w/ Tutor (M):
| w/ Tutor (M):
The Writing Center offers resources in the following areas to help students achieve their goals:
- Constructive feedback on written assignments: The Research Process Tutoring for the IELTS or TOEFL and ESL needs (English as a Second Language).
- Content and clarity
- Grammar and mechanics
- Citing and using sources properly (using MLA, APA, Sheffield, etc.)
The AURAK Writing Center