Dr. Hussain Muhammad is an Assistant Professor of Accounting at the Department of Accounting and Finance, School of Business, American University of Ras Al Khaimah (AURAK). He earned his Ph.D. in Accounting, Management, and Business Economics (AMBE) from the Department of Management and Business Administration, University of Chieti-Pescara, Italy. He has also been a visiting researcher at Sprott School of Business, Carleton University, Canada. Besides, he holds an MS in Management Sciences, an M.Sc. in Economics, and a BBA (Hons). He also has professional diplomas, such as a Diploma in Information Technology and a postgraduate diploma in Project Management. Before joining AURAK, he worked as an academic researcher at the Department of Management and Business Administration, University of Chieti-Pescara, Italy, where he has shown to be an exemplary candidate in research and teaching activities.
His primary research interests are at the intersections between corporate governance mechanisms, corporate finance, and the firm’s decisions (such as firm performance, R&D investment, firm risk-taking, financial reporting, CSR performance, etc.). He has published articles in Meditari Accountancy Research, Industrial and Corporate Change, Journal of Management and Organization, Technology Analysis and Strategic Management, and other journals. He also serves as a reviewer for several reputed peer-reviewed academic journals.
Ph.D. in Accounting, Management, and Business Economics (2018-2021), University of Chieti-Pescara, Italy
- Corporate Governance
- Board Gender Diversity
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Corporate Finance
- Innovation – R&D Investment
- Muhammad, H., & Migliori, S. (2023). Board gender diversity and firm risk-taking: the moderating role of board size. International Journal of Managerial and Financial Accounting, 15(3), 346-371.
- Muhammad, H., Migliori, S., & Mohsni, S. (2023). Corporate governance and firm risk-taking: the moderating role of board gender diversity. Meditari Accountancy Research, 31(3), 706-728.
- Muhammad, H. & Migliori, S. (2022). Effects of Board Gender Diversity and Sustainability Committees on Environmental Performance: A Quantile Regression Approach. Journal of Management & Organization, 1-26. https://doi.org/10.1017/jmo.2022.8
- Muhammad, H., Migliori, S. & Consorti A. (2022). Corporate governance and R&D investment: does firm size matter? Technology Analysis & Strategic Management, 1-15. https://doi.org/10.1080/09537325.2022.2042508
- Muhammad, H., Migliori, S. & Mohsni, S. (2022). Corporate governance and R&D investment: the role of debt financing. Industrial and Corporate Change, 31(3), 628-653.
- De Luca, F., Migliori, S., Muhammad, H., & Rapposelli, A. (2021). Corporate board and firm performance: A data envelopment analysis (DEA) of Italian listed companies [Special issue]. Corporate Ownership & Control, 19(1), 327–340.
- Muhammad, H., Migliori, S. & Mohsni, S. (2021). Capital structure and firm performance: the role of corporate governance. International Journal of Business Governance and Ethics, 15(4), 436-458.
- Muhammad, H., Waqas, M., & Migliori, S. (2019). The impact of M&A on bank’s financial performance: Evidence from an emerging economy. Corporate Ownership & Control, 16(3), 52-63.
- Migliori, S., Muhammad, H., Paolone, F. & De Luca, F., (2019). The effect of corporate governance on the relationship between capital structure and firm performance. Challenges and Opportunities in Italian Corporate Governance Publisher, 66-87: Virtus Interpress.
- Muhammad, H., Waqas, M., & Migliori, S. (2019). A comparative study of banking sector performance before and after merger & acquisition: Evidence from Pakistan. Corporate Governance: Search for the Advanced Practices, 275-292. https://doi.org/10.22495/cpr19p15 .
- Muhammad, H., Rehman, A. U., & Waqas, M. (2016). The Relationship between Working Capital Management and Profitability: A Case Study of Tobacco Industry of Pakistan. International conference on business and economics (ICBE2016), 427-429. https://www.webofscience.com/wos/woscc/full-record/WOS:000386185800090?SID=E5Xc9nf6uT3vHBe1WCc
- “Capital structure decisions and R&D investment: the contingency role of firm size” paper presented at the First Annual Meeting of International Society for the Advancement of Financial Economics (ISAFE-2022) conference, December 5-6, 2022, Ho Chi Minh University of Banking, Vietnam. (with Ali, S. and Rangone, A.)
- “The role of capital structure decisions on the link between R&D investment and SMEs performance” paper presented at the 2nd International Conference on Accounting, Auditing and Finance (ICAAF-2022), November 21-23, 2022, University of Western Australia, Perth, Australia. (with Ali, S. and Migliori, S.)
- “Board gender diversity and accounting conservatism: the role of corporate social responsibility” paper presented at the 19th European Institute for Advanced Studies in Management (EIASM) conference on Corporate Governance, November 8-9, 2022, EM Strasbourg Business School, Strasbourg, France. (with Migliori, S. and Paolone, F.)
- “Corporate Governance and SMEs Performance: Is Technological Capability a Missing Link?” paper presented at the 38th Eurasia Business & Economic Society (EBES) Conference, January 12-14, 2022, University of Warsaw, Poland. (with Migliori, S. and Consorti, A.).
- “A comparative study of banking sector performance before and after merger & acquisition: Evidence from Pakistan” paper presented at an International Conference on “Corporate Governance: Search for the Advanced Practices” February 28, 2019, Roma Tre University, Italy. (with Migliori, S. and Waqas, M.)
- “The Relationship between Working Capital Management and Profitability: A Case Study of Tobacco Industry of Pakistan”. International Conference on Business and Economics (ICBE), July 07-09, 2016, Jeju National University, South Korea. (with Waqas, M.).
- Principles of Financial Accounting
- Principles of Microeconomics
- Macroeconomic Policy