Dr. Khaled Abdalgader has been an Assistant Professor in Artificial Intelligent with the Department of Computer Science and Engineering, American University of Ras Al Khaimah (AURAK), UAE. Prior to joining AURAK, he was at the Sebha University, Libya, from July 2004 to August 2007 as a Lecturer and then at Sohar University, Oman, from September 2013 to August 2022 as an Assistance Professor in Computer Science. His teaching interests include object-oriented programing, system analysis and design, operating systems, artificial intelligence, machine learning and natural language processing. He also active researcher in the area of natural language processing and understanding, particularly word sense disambiguation, semantic text similarity, text mining, sentiment analysis, and knowledge discovery from textual collections.
- PhD in Computer Science, La Trobe University, Australia, 2012.
- MSc in Intelligent Systems, University Utara Malaysia, Malaysia, 2004.
- BSc in Computer Science, Sebha University, Libya, 2001.
- Primary Research Areas: Natural Language Processing (NLP), Text Mining (TM) and Computational Linguistics (CL).
- Sub-areas include: Word Sense Disambiguation, Semantic Text Similarity, Text Clustering, Sentiment Analysis, Knowledge Discovery from Textual Collections, Internet of Things, Smart Services and Wireless Networks.
- Abdalgader, K. & Yousif, J.H. (2022). Agricultural Irrigation Control using Sensor-enabled Architecture. KSII Transactions on Internet and Information Systems, vol. 16, no. 10 (pp. 3275-3298).
- Yousif, J.H. & Abdalgader, K. (2022). Experimental and Mathematical Models for Real-Time Monitoring and Auto Watering Using IoT Architecture. Computers, vol. 11(1): 7.
- Abdalgader, K. (2022). Centroid-Based Clustering Using Sentential Embedding Similarity Measure . In Proceedings of the 2022 International Conference on Electrical and Computing Technologies and Applications ( ICECTA’20 2 2 ). pp 265-270. Ras Al Khaimah, UAE.
- Abdalgader, K. & Al Shibli, A. (2021). Context Expansion Approach for Graph-based Word Sense Disambiguation . Expert Systems with Applications, vol. 168, (pages 114313).
- Abdalgader, K. & Al Shibli, A. (2020). Experimental Results on Customer Reviews Using Lexicon-Based Word Polarity Identification Method. IEEE Access, vol. 8, (pp. 179955-179969).
- Abdalgader, K., Al Ajmi, R. & Saini, D. K. (2020). IoT-based system to measure thermal insulation efficiency. Journal of Ambient Intelligence and Humanized Computing, 1–14.
- Abdalgader, K. & Saini, D. K. (2020). Data Streams Scheduling Approach for WiMAX Networks. Journal of Communications. vol. 15, no. 6.
- Abdalgader, K. & Al Shibli, A. (2020). Improving Semantic Graph Connectivity for Word Sense Identification . In Proceedings of the 12th International Conference on Computer Modeling and Simulation ( ICCMS ’20 ). pp 132-137. Brisbane, Australia.
- Abdalgader, K. (2018). Centroid-based Lexical Clustering . Recent Applications in Data Clustering. 55.
- Abdalgader, K. (2017). Clustering Short Text using a Centroid-Based Lexical Clustering Algorithm. IAENG International Journal of Computer Science. vol. 44, no. 4, pp. 523-536.
- Alfarsi, G., Abdalgader, K. & Juma, M. (2017). A Rule-based System for Advising Undergraduate Students . Journal of Theoretical & Applied Information Technology. vol. 95, no. 11.
- Abdalgader, K. (2017). ‘Soft Short-Text Clustering using PageRank as a Centrality Measure’. In Proc. of 9th International Conference on Machine Learning and Computing(ICMLC 2017), February 24-26, 2017, Singapore.
- Abdalgader, K. (2016), Text-Fragment Similarity Measurement using Word Sense Identification. International Journal of Applied Engineering Research. vol. 11, no. 24, pp. 11755-11762.
- Skabar, A. & Abdalgader, K. (2013), Clustering Sentence-Level Text using a Novel Fuzzy Relational Clustering Algorithm. IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering, vol. 25, no. 1, pp. 62-75.
- Abdalgader, K. & Skabar, A. (2012), Unsupervised Similarity-Based Word Sense Disambiguation Using Context Vectors and Sentential Word Importance. ACM Transactions on Speech and Language Processing, vol. 9, no. 1, Article 2.
- Abdalgader, K. & Skabar A. (2010), Short-Text Similarity Measurement Using Word Sense Disambiguation and Synonym Expansion. In: Li J. (eds) AI 2010: Advances in Artificial Intelligence. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol 6464, pp 435-444. Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg.
- Skabar A. & Abdalgader K. (2010), Improving Sentence Similarity Measurement by Incorporating Sentential Word Importance. In: Li J. (eds) AI 2010: Advances in Artificial Intelligence. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol 6464, pp 466-475. Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg.
- Senior Design Project I
- Introduction to Artificial Intelligence
- Data Science
- Object - Oriented Programming
- Introduction to Parallel Programming