Sabir Haque is a multi-faceted media professional with over 18 years of experience in academia, broadcast media & filmmaking.
He finished his Master’s in Mass Communication from Mass Communication Research Center, Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi, in 2003. He completed his Ph.D. in Journalism & Social Media from the School of Communication, Manipal University India, in 2017.
His first Documentary film bagged the National Award for Environment & Wildlife Conservation, which was screened at various film festivals worldwide. He joined NDTV, a premiere TV News Channel in New Delhi, India, and later NDTV ARABIA in the UAE.
He continues to direct Documentary films and has built up a strong industry profile creating films for Corporates and Govt. UAE agencies. His last production as a Script Writer and Director is a 15-episode Docu-drama telecast on Dubai TV, Sama Dubai, and Dubai One. The docu-drama was produced for the Government of Dubai.
He presently teaches Broadcast Media & New Media Technologies at the School of Arts and Sciences, American University of Ras Al Khaimah. He is a certified Avid Media Composer Instructor and creates online training material for Film Production, Graphic Design & Layout, Web Technologies & Social Media Advertising.
- Ph.D, 2013 – 2017, School Of Communication – Manipal Academicy Of Higher Education, India
- M. A in Mass Communication, 2002-2004, AJK Mass Communication Research Center – Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi, India
- B. A. in Computer Application (with distinction), 1999-2002, Department Of Economics, Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi,India
- Haque, S., & Biju, S. (2012). Inside Newsroom: Social Media & News Production in the UAE. MediAsia 2013 Conference Proceedings, 273-294, ISSN: 2186-5906
- Haque, S., & Biju, S. (2015). Gratification of the Self: Reasons behind the phenomenon of Retweeting (Vol. 1). New York: Nova Science Publishers Inc. ISBN: 9781634849319
- Haque, S. (2018). The Future of Online News Video – A UAE Perspective, The Asian Conference on Media, Communication & Film 2018, Official Conference Proceedings, ISSN: 2186-5906
- Haque, S. (2020). Video First: How Gulf News is reinventing online news video. Çankırı Karatekin University Journal of Social Sciences Institute, 11 (1), 70-91.
- Zdravkovska, S. D., Haque, S., & Szydlak, W. (2021). Subliminal Messages-Motivating Learners Using Visual Cues: An Experimental Study. Balkan Social Science Review, 18, 367-385.
- Zdravkovska, S. D., & Haque, S. (2022). TV Commercial Space in the UAE: A Regional Hub for Advertisement Production. In Handbook of Research on Global Perspectives on International Advertising (pp. 179-206). IGI Global.
- Serendipity in News Access on Social Media: An Emerging Trend in the UAE – Presented at 6th Annual International Conference on Journalism & Mass Communications Conference (JMComm 2017), Singapore, 2017 DOI: 10.5176/2301-3710_JMComm17.88
- Listening to Social Media: Radio Broadcast and Its Continuum with Social Media In The UAE – Presented at The 24th AMIC International Conference Communicating in an e-Asia: Values, Technologies, and Challenges, Dubai, 2014
- News Variety Through User Engagement: a content analysis of news outlets in the UAE through social media – Presented at the 2015 Asian Congress for Media and Communication International Conference Hong Kong, 2014
- Producing podcast in the UAE: Exploring storytelling structures – Presented at the Faculty Research Colloquium on 9 December 2021 by the Office of Research and Community Service, American University of Ras Al Khaimah
- Globalization and Media Cultures
- Digital Resources and Content
- Communication Research Methodology
- Capstone: Multimedia Storytelling