Dr. Vazeerjan Begum serves as an Associate Dean of School of Business at the American University of Ras Al Khaimah (AURAK) since 2018. She joined AURAK as an Assistant Professor – Management in 2014. Previously she was working as an Assistant Professor of Management at the Emirates College for Management and Information Technology, Dubai, for nine years. She also played the role of the Dean of Continuing Education & Professional Development for six years.
Dr. Vazeerjan holds a Ph.D. in Management from Mother Teresa Womens University. She completed her MBA (Major in Marketing) from University of Madras and also she holds a second master’s degree in HRM. She spent most of her career in teaching at the university graduate and undergraduate levels in the UAE. Her major areas of teaching are Strategic management, HRM and quantitative methods for management. As an experienced associate professor, she devises entrancing, persuasive, and unique practices of teaching that builds interest in the students.
Due to her passion for teaching diverse students and to work with diverse faculty, she took up adjunct opportunities to teach at the University of Wollongong Dubai, University of Bolton (RAK Campus), Institute of Management & Technology, Dubai, Skyline University, Sharjah and Ittihad University, Ras Al Khaimah as an adjunct faculty.
Additionally, she serves as an Institutional Effectiveness Coordinator for the School of Business since Fall 2016, and as a liaison ensuring compliance with internal policies and with rules/ regulations of CAA, SACSCOC, QAA and AACSB. She is a Certified CAA Reviewer by the UAE Ministry of Education, to evaluate the CAA approved academic programs in the UAE.
She reviewed the consolidation of the specialized undergraduate business program into a comprehensive Bachelor of Business Administration program with six majors at American University of Ras Al Khaimah (AURAK). She continuously participates in curriculum development at AURAK both at the undergraduate and graduate level. She designed the Bachelor Degree Program in Business Administration at Emirates College, Dubai.
Dr. Vazeerjan serves as an external examiner for PhD students, and a reviewer and an editorial board member for a number of regional and international journals.
Dr. Vazeerjan continuously attends AACSB yearly conferences, teaching effectiveness and assurance of learning seminars. She has authored and co-authored papers in international and regional refereed journals with her peers and graduate students. She has been regularly presenting papers at various international conferences in Maldives, Srilanka, Malaysia, Thailand, and India respectively. Her research areas of interest are in Strategic Management, HRM and Entrepreneurship.
- Ph.D. (Management). Mother Teresa Womens University
- Master of Philosophy (M. Phil – Management), Alagappa University
- Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management, Pondicherry University
- Master of Business Administration (Major in Marketing), University of Madras
- Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com), University of Madras
Peer – Reviewed Journals
- Vazeerjan B., Tahseen A., AbdelFatah A., Xuan C., S., Maniyarasi G. (2022), “A Cross-lagged Study of Gender Discrimination in Entry-Level Jobs: A Vulnerability Theory Perspective”, Polish Journal of Management Studies, Vol. 25 (2), DOI: 10.17512/pjms.2022.25.2.25. (Scopus Journal)
- Arshi, T., Danamaraju, V., Qazi, K., Begum, V., ALSabahi, M., and Ahmad, S. (2021), “A Biopsychosocial Perspective of User-Generated Innovation in Open Innovation Models: A Moderated-Mediation Analysis”, Journal of Open Innovation: Technology, Market, and Complexity. 7. 131. 10.3390/joitmc7020131. [Scopus Q2 Journal]
- Arshi, T. A., Begum. V., “Measuring Innovation Effectiveness: A SEM-based Machine Learning Approach”, (in-print), International Journal of Innovation Science, ISSN: 1757-2223, H Index 10, Emerald Group Publishing Ltd., http://doi.org/1108/IJIS-08-2020-0111 [SCOPUS Indexed – Q1 Journal]
- Begum. V., Arshi, T. A., “An Impact – Based Model of Green HRM in UAE Higher Education Institutions”, JOURNAL OF SECURITY AND SUSTAINABILITY ISSUES, ISSN 2029-7017/ISSN 2029-7025 (online), 2020 Volume 10 Number 2,[SCOPUS Indexed – Q2 Jounal]
- Thong. S. T., Begum. V., “Sequels of HRM Praxes on Service Quality of Employees in Boutique Hotels – A Thailand Perspective”, Journal for Global Business Advancement, ISSN 1746-9678. 11. 441. 10.1504/JGBA.2018.097189. DOI: 10.1504/JGBA.2018.097189. [SCOPUS Indexed – SNIP – 0.169]
- Begum. V., Al Mheiri. F., “Brunt of work milieu on the performance of employees in UAE Oil companies”, Global Journal of Business Social Sciences Review (GJBSSR) 6 (3)
- Begum. V., “Consumers Shopping Predilections with Hypermarkets: An UAE Perspective”, Science International Journal 28(2), 1889-1895, 2016, ISSN 1013-5316. [International Scientific Indexing, Impact Factor = 1.365 (2016)]
- Begum. V., “Effects of Kellogg’s nutritional label on consumer buying behaviour in Dubai, UAE”, Elsevier Procedia – Social and Behavioural Sciences Journal Vol. 211, pp. 61-68, doi: 10.1016/j.sbspro.2015.11.010 (Science Direct – ELSEVIER)
- Begum. V., “Consumer rejoinder towards Mc Donald’s sales promotional strategy in Dubai”, Elsevier Procedia – Social and Behavioural Sciences Journal Vol. 211, pp. 1195-1202, doi: 10.1016/j.sbspro.2015.11.159 (Science Direct – ELSEVIER)
- Begum. V., Favourable Prototypes In The Ordering System at Coffee Houses In South India – A Customer Retention Strategy”, Journal of Management Research, ISSN 1941-899X 2015, Vol. 7, No. 2, pp. 144 – 151.
- Begum, V. (2019). Dynamics of Customer Friendly and Satisfactory Ordering System at Coffee Joints across South India. Advancements in Global Business Research Across Emerging Countries – Monograph Book published by McGraw Hill on July 2, 2019.
International Conference Presentations & Proceedings
- Tahseen Arshi, A. and Vazeerjan, B. (2022). SECURE II- Integrating Artificial Intelligence Tools into Business Model Design, Paper presented at the 4th International Conference on Business Management, Economics, and Social Science Development, Istanbul, Turkey, June 04-05, 2022.
- Vazeerjan, B. Tahseen Arshi, A. Abdelfatah, S.A. Ngoo Poh Yee, Govindaswami, M (2022). A Cross-lagged Study of Gender Discrimination in Entry-level Jobs in the Malaysian Retail Sector: A Vulnerability Theory Perspective, 13th Global Conference on Business and Social Science, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. (Abstract Proceeding: ISBN: 978-967-13147-0-8)
- Abdelfatah, S.A. Tahseen Arshi, A. Vazeerjan, B., (2022). Assessing the Relationship between Job Satisfaction and Turnover Intention among Early-Career Academics in Tertiary Education in Malaysia. 13th Global Conference on Business and Social Science, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. (Abstract Proceeding: ISBN: 978-967-13147-0-8)
- Begum. V., Arshi, T. A., “An Impact – Based Model of Green HRM in UAE Higher Education Institutions”, at 11th Global Conference on Business and Social Science 2020, Malaysia.
- “Sequel Of Performance Management On Employee Job Satisfaction With Special Reference To Free Trade Zones In UAE” at the 16th Annual World Congress of the Academy for Global Business Advancement on July 2 – 4, 2019.
- “Can We Have Both? A Deliberation on Work Life and Career Balance of Women in UAE Higher Education Institutions” at 16th Annual World Congress of the Academy for Global Business Advancement on July 2 – 4, 2019.
- “Green HRM Practices & Their Implementation In UAE Higher Education Institutions”, at 7th Global Conference on Business and Social Science 2018, Srilanka.
- “Brunt of work milieu on the performance of employees in UAE Oil companies”, at 7th Global Conference on Business and Social Science 2018, Srilanka.
- “Consumers Shopping Predilections with Hypermarkets: An UAE Perspective”, at ASIA International Conference on Future of Marketing & Management 2017, Malaysia.
- “Effects of Kellogg’s nutritional label on consumer buying behaviour in Dubai, UAE”, at 2nd Global Conference on Business and Social Science 2016, Indonesia.
- “Consumer rejoinder towards Mc Donald’s sales promotional strategy in Dubai”, 2nd Global Conference on Business and Social Science 2016, Indonesia.
- “Favourable Prototypes in the Ordering System at Coffee Houses In South India – A Customer Retention Strategy”, at the Global Conference on Business and Social Science 2014, Malaysia.