Mr. Shadi Yacoub Al-Shidrawi is an Instructor of English at the American University of Ras Al Khaimah where he teaches courses in composition, advanced composition through English Literature, Public Speaking, and ESP. He serves as the Writing Center Coordinator at AURAK. He is a CELTA-certified ESL instructor with twenty-five (25) years of professional teaching experience with multicultural learners at the tertiary level in the Gulf and the Middle East regions.
Mr. Al-Shidrawi earned both his Master of Arts in English Literature (1998) and Bachelor of Arts in English Literature (1994) degrees from the American University of Beirut.
Mr. Al-Shidrawi was born and raised in Lebanon, where he completed his Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees. He relocated to the United Arab Emirates where he has built a significant career as a professional educator and coordinator.
- Master of Arts, English Literature (ENLT). American University of Beirut, 1998.
- Bachelor of Arts: English Literature, American University of Beirut, 1994.
- Certificate in Language Teaching to Adults (CELTA). Cambridge-HCT UAE, 2007.
- Certificate: The Art of Persuasive Writing and Public Speaking. Harvard X. 2021
- Certificate: Educational Technologies for Online Learning. QEDEX professional development online courses. 2022
- Certificate: Student Engagement For Online Learning. QEDEX professional development online courses. 2022
- Shidrawi, S. Y. (1998). George Eliot and the Bildungsroman: Middlemarch as a novel of female development. American University of Beirut. Department of English. http://hdl.handle.net/10938/5525
Highlighted Conference and Publication:
- Al Mansoori, K., Al Shidrawi, S. (2021). Professional development: Empowering educators. The Proceedings of the 24th and 25th Annual TESOL Arabia International Conference and Exhibition.“Empowering Educators”. 14.137-150.
- Advanced Composition Through English Literature