Beza Negash Getu is currently an Associate Professor in the Department of Electrical, Electronics, and Communications Engineering (EECE) at the American University of Ras Al Khaimah (AURAK). From August 2011- April 2016, he had been working in the position of Assistant Professor at AURAK and was promoted to Associate Professor in May 2016. He received the B.Sc. degree in Electrical Engineering from Addis Ababa University, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, in 1997, the M.Sc. degree in Electrical Engineering from Delft University of Technology, Delft, The Netherlands, in 2000, and the Ph.D. degree from Aalborg University, Aalborg, Denmark, in 2003. He worked in the field of wireless communications focusing on Smart Antennas and MIMO systems during his Ph.D. In 2002/2003, he spent six months in the Wireless Communication Group at the Swiss Center for Electronics and Micro-technology (CSEM), Neuchâtel, Switzerland working in the same areas. He had been a Postdoctoral Research Fellow at the University of Massachusetts (UMASS), Amherst from Nov. 2004 to Dec. 2005 working on MIMO and compact antenna arrays. He worked as an Assistant Professor in the Telecom Engineering Department at the College of Telecommunications and Information Technology (CTIT), Addis Ababa, Ethiopia from June 2007 till July 2011 with main duties in Teaching, Research and Advising. During his academic career in the different institutions, he authored and coauthored several journal and conference publications.
- Ph.D., Wireless Communications (Electrical and Electronic Engineering), Aalborg University, Denmark, 2003.
- M.Sc., Electrical Engineering, Delft University of Technology, The Netherlands, 2000.
- B.Sc., Electrical Engineering, Addis Ababa University, Ethiopia, 1997.
- Signals, Systems and Signal Processing,
- Electronics and Digital System Design
- Communications and Wireless Communications,
- Antennas, Multiple Antennas & Electromagnetic Fields and Waves
- Beza N. Getu, Nasser A. Hamad, Hussain A. Attia, ‘Remote Controlling of an Agricultural Pump System Based on the Dual Tone Multi-Frequency (DTMF) Technique,” Accepted for publications in Volume 10, Issue 10, October 2015, Journal of Engineering Science & Technology (JESTEC), Taylor’s University, Malaysia.
- Beza Negash Getu, Hussain A. Attia, “Remote Controlling of Light Intensity using Phone Devices.” Accepted (April 2015) for publication in Research Journal of Applied Sciences, Engineering and Technology, Maxwell Science Publication.
- Attia H.A., Getu B.N., “Design & Simulation of a Solar Tracking System for Optimum Energy Absorption,” International Journal of Thermal & Environmental Engineering, Volume 8, No. 1 (2014) 17-24.
- Attia H.A., Getu B.N., Ghadban H, Mustafa A. K. Abu , “Portable Solar Charger with Controlled Charging Current for Mobile Phone Devices,” International Journal of Thermal & Environmental Engineering, Volume 7, No. 1 (2014) 17-24.
- Takele, Yalew Amare; Getu, Beza Negash; “A Direct Derivation Technique for the Near Fields of Dipole Antennas,” IEEE Antennas and Propagation Magazine, Volume 52, No. 3, pp. 156-159, June 2010
- Getu, B.N., Janaswamy, R., “ The effect of mutual coupling on the capacity of the MIMO cube,” Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Volume 4, 2005, Page(s):240 – 244.
- Getu, B.N., Andersen, J.B., “ The MIMO cube – a compact MIMO antenna,” IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, Vol. 4, Issue 3, pp.1136 – 1141, May 2005.
- Getu B. N., Andersen J. B, “MIMO Systems in Random Uncorrelated, Correlated and Deterministic Radio Channels,” Wireless Personal Communications, Vol. 30, No. 1, pp. 27-61, July 2004.
- Hutter A. A., Mekrazi S., Getu B. N., Platbrood F. “Alamouti-Based Space-Frequency Coding for OFDM,” Wireless Personal Communications, Vol. 35, Issue 1-2, pp. 173 – 185, October 2005.
- Negash B. G. ; Nikookar H., “Wavelet-based multicarrier transmission over multipath wireless channels,” Electronics Letters, Volume: 36, Issue: 21, Page(s): 1787 –1788, October 2000.
- Beza N. Getu ; Hussain Al Thehabawy “Identification of Dialed Telephone Numbers in Touch Tone Telephone System based on Frequency Analysis,” International Conference on Computer Vision and Image Analysis (ICCVIA’2014), 25-27 March, Ras Al Khaimah, UAE.
- Getu B. N., “Theoretical capacity of tripole array MIMO systems within a fixed area,”. The 6th Joint IFIP Wireless and Mobile Networking Conference (WMNC’2013), April 23-25, 2013, Atlantis, The Palm Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
- Hussain A. Attia , Beza Negash Getu, Nasser Hamad , “Experimental Validation of DTMF Decoder Electronic Circuit to be used for Remote Controlling of an Agricultural Pump System,” The International Conference on Electrical and Bio-medical Engineering, Clean Energy and Green Computing (EBECEGC2015) , January 28-30, 2015, Dubai, UAE
- Hussain A. Attia, Beza N. Getu, Yousif I. Al-Mashhadany “Design and Simulation of Dual Axis Solar Tracker for Optimum Solar Energy Absorption”, The International Conference on Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Clean Energy and Green Computing (EEECEGC2013), December 11-13, 2013,Dubai, UAE.
- Hussain A. Attia, Yousif I. Al-Mashhadany, Beza N. Getu, “Design and Simulation of a High Performance Standalone Photovoltaic System,” ICREGA’14 – Renewable Energy: Generation and Applications, Springer Proceedings in Energy 2014, pp 683-697.
- Getu B. N., Andersen J. B., Farserotu, J. R., “MIMO Systems: Optimizing the Use of Eigenmodes,” 14th IEEE Proceedings on Personal, Indoor and Mobile Radio Communications, Vol. 2, pp. 1129 – 1133, September 2003.
- Getu B. N., Andersen J. B., Farserotu, J. R., ” MIMO systems: performance of eigenmode transmission based on channel estimation,” The 6th International Symposium on Wireless Personal Multimedia Communications 2003, October 2003.
- Getu B. N., Andersen J. B., “BER and spectral efficiency of a MIMO system,” The 5th International Symposium on Wireless Personal Multimedia Communications, Volume: 2, Page(s): 397 -401, October 2002.
- Andersen J. B. and Getu B. N., “ The MIMO cube – a compact MIMO antenna,” The 5th International Symposium on Wireless Personal Multimedia Communications, Vol. 1, pp.112-114, October 2002.
- Andersen J. B., Eggers P., Getu B. N., Kotterman W., Kovacs I., Nielsen J., Pedersen G. F., “Development trends in antenna systems for wireless communications,” Proc. Antenna03, Kalmar, Sweden, May, 2003.
- Negash B. G.; Nikookar H., “Wavelet based OFDM for wireless channels,” Vehicular Technology Conference 2001, VTC 2001 Spring, Volume: 1, pp. 688-691.
- Nikookar H., Negash B.G., “Frequency Offset Sensitivity Reduction of Multicarrier Transmission by Waveshaping,” IEEE International Conference on Personal Wireless Communications, 17-20 Dec. 2000, Page(s):444 – 448
- Signal and Systems II
- Signal & Systems I
- Signal & Systems I Lab
- Electromagnetic Theory
- Communication Systems