Tariq Bhatti earned his Ph.D. from the University of Western Sydney in Australia. He has over 25 years of teaching experience in MBA and BBA programs, having taught at leading public university located in Dubai, Monash University in Australia, and Assumption University in Thailand. He is a faculty member at the American University of Ras Al Khaimah. He has authored articles in various esteemed journals such as Economic Modelling, Journal of Islamic Marketing, Journal of Internet Banking, and Intercultural Communication Studies. Additionally, he has presented research papers at conferences such as the Academy of Management and the Australian New Zealand Marketing Academy, and his research interests include customer engagement, online reviews, text analysis, customer journey and experience in cross-cultural contexts, halal branding, and marketing modelling. Tariq has received numerous research grants locally and internationally and has worked as an assistant marketing manager in Thailand.
- Ph.D. University of Western Sydney, Australia
- MBA Assumption University, Thailand
- BBA Assumption University, Thailand
(Partial research publications from the past four years, including refereed conferences)
- Husin, M.;Aziz, S; Bhatti, T. (Accepted on June 24th, 2022). The Impact of Brand Familiarity, Perceived Trust and Attitude on Investors’ Decision Making in Islamic Stock Market. Journal of Islamic Marketing. (ABDC = B, Scopus)
- Bhatti, T. (2021). Factors contribution to the trustworthiness of online reviews. Australian New Zealand Marketing Conference (ANZMAC2021), Melbourne, Australia, Nov. 29 – Dec. 2, 2021
- Bhatti, T.; Husin, M. (2020). An Investigation of beliefs underlying consumer intention to participate in Family takaful Schemes. Journal of Islamic Marketing, Vol. 11, No.3, pp.709 -727 (ABDC = B, Scopus)
- Bhatti, T. (2020). Online Customer Return Reviews with Content analysis. PDW at Academy of Management (AOM), August 7 – 11, 2020 (online presentation on 11th of August).
- Shahzad, K.; Rubbainy, G.; Lensvelt, M.; Bhatti, T. (2019). UK’s stock market reaction to Brexit process. Economic Modelling, Vol.80, page 275 – 283. (ABDC = A, Scopus)
- Bhatti, T. (2019). Customer Return Engagement Behavior: Impact on Sales Return. Australian New Zealand Marketing Conference (ANZMAC2019), Auckland, New Zealand, Dec. 1 -4, 2019
- Raja, K. & Bhatti, T. (2018). Analysing the Sharī’ah Standard on Guarantee for Islamic Banks and Financial Institutions. The Company Lawyer. 39(3), 75-85. (ABDC = B)
- Bhatti, T. (2018). Corporate reputation from a customer perspective in Takaful industry. 9th Global Islamic Marketing Conference, Tunisia, 25-27th April, 2018.
- International Business
- Integrated Marketing Communications
- Marketing Research Techniques & Applications
- Marketing Strategy